Seventeen

"Life is not meant to be dull. If it is then why have sharpeners?" -Blind®️ Founders, Roven & Dexter Ilit©️

Freya knew her first reaction should have been an open jaw.

A gasp at least.

But her mouth did not budge.

Nor where her eyes wide.

Bryn and Collin stopped eating to look up at the man.

Not minding that their faces were smeared with the sauce from the seared beef.

Their eyes showing both fright and curiosity for the well-dressed being.

Freya long accustomed to his stoic nature and towering height was left unfazed.

There was no doubt in Freya's heart that this was Oscar Williams.

That there never really was an Oscar Williams.

Only Lance and his humour that Freya had grown to love after years of dealing with them.

"But..." He uttered.

Unable to handle the silence any longer or the staring of nearby diners Freya put down her napkin and stood up.

Holding back tears of what she couldn't decide, Freya strode to the door.

Her usual plan of escape when something became too much for her to handle.

The imperfect seams of her stitched heart were unravelling once again.

"Good evening to you too, Lance," Freya muttered when she shouldered past.

It had snowed during those few minutes Freya was inside.

The wind was now carrying a tornado of snowflakes around her.

"Freya!" Lance shouted.

Freya could help but long for her boots.

"Wait!"

A sudden gust of wind blew her back but Freya carried on forward.

"What if-"

A warm tug on her hand and smooth fingers where the only indication of her failure to escape.

There was no bypassing him now.

★★★

Word Count: 490!

Exiled_Introvert 2017©️

★★★

-Strangers-

"Started off a thousand miles of interstate. The sun was setting right in my hands. Staying up I swore that I would be okay. With compromises made in my head. But I lost my grip. So I let her slip. We had a little love once. But now it's in danger. We got a little-lost babe. But that's human nature. Now it's too late to save us. Oh, cause now she's a stranger. Fake a smile. So no one else could recognize. The broken heart that's under my skin. Say goodbye. Tried to swim but came to find. No water when I went diving in. But I lost my grip. So I let her slip. We had a little love once. But now it's in danger. We got a little-lost babe. But that's human nature. Now it's too late to save us. Oh, cause now she's a stranger. Now we're back to where we started. Right back to strangers. We had a little love once. But now it's in danger. We got a little-lost babe. But that's human nature. Now it's too late to save us. Oh, cause now she's a stranger. She's long gone, she's long gone. Now we're back to where we started, strangers."

-Before You Exit-

Edited