Chapter Four

I was woken up from my extremely comfortable sleep by a small shake. Forgetting where I was I released a low growl to tell whoever it was to bugger off. A small squeal sounded and my eyes flew open to see a young girl staring down at me with wide eyes.

Shit, I'm at the castle.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry miss. I didn't mean to be rude" The young girl was close to tears.

I sat up and put my hands up in surrender, I don't want to scare the girl any more.

"No you're okay, I'm very sorry for growling at you, I forgot where I was for a minute"

The girl nodded and smoothed her dress out, she was dressed like a maid, her hair was braided under a little cap, her blue dress was smooth and fell to her knees and the white apron was spotless.

"I'm here to escort you to breakfast in 30 minutes. I was also told to offer any help if you may need it. I have laid your clothes out on the chair for when you're ready miss"

I looked over to the chair by the desk and laying over the back was my nice outfit that someone took away last night. I nodded at the girl and stretched, looking around the room. The room was even more beautiful in the daytime, I could see out the giant windows and the view was amazing, the grounds were kept immaculate, the mountain range in the distance was barely visible over the fog of the early morning.

"I don't need any help, thank you for fixing my outfit. I'm afraid the travel left it's mark"

The girl giggled and nodded "I'll wait outside your door when you're ready miss"

She left the room and I got out of bed, grabbing my clothes before walking into the bathroom. I didn't bother showering as I had one before bed. I washed my face with cold water so I looked more awake than I felt. I pulled on my clothes and smoothed out my knee length black skirt. My shirt was just a white sleeved blouse, that buttoned up, simple but elegant. I put some mascara on my lashes and some concealer on my under eye bags.

I brushed my hair back into a sleek high ponytail, to keep it out of my eyes. I looked in the mirror and was pleased with how I looked, I had to look professional. I took a few deep breaths to alleviate the nerves and walked out of the bathroom to put my flats on. I wouldn't dare wear heels, I'd break my neck for sure.

I opened the room door to find the maid waiting patiently beside it. She looked up when the door opened and gave me a small smile.

"This way miss, breakfast is about to be served" She turned and walked down the hallway, I quickly followed behind not wanting to get lost.

We stepped into a large dining room, every eye turned to look at me and I got the feeling that I wasn't particularly welcome here. I was the only female here and every man's eyes were on me, not in a good way either. I looked to my left and saw that the maid had left.

Just leave me to the wolves. Ha, punny.

My eyes scan the room and notice the large buffet station set up on the right wall, my stomach growled and I quickly scanned the rest of the room trying to find the boys. I found them in the middle of the room, all stuffing their faces already, I chuckled and set off to get food.

I loaded my plate up with almost everything that was there, pancakes, bacon, fried eggs, toast and some sausages. I grabbed a few rolls on my way to the table, stuffing them in my mouth so I could carry my plate and my cup of coffee. I held my head high and didn't let any of the stares get to me, I didn't care that I looked like a chipmunk.

"Morning boys" I set my plate and cup down at the table and pulled my chair out before sitting down.

"Morning Alp-" I sent a glare to Tom "Alyssa" He finished with a sheepish smile. The other's echoed their greetings.