Chapter 17

It's been two days since the fight with Damien and I still haven't had a chance to apologize. I've been so busy with the new pack members and everything that I've had to put Damien to the back of my mind. It's been hard, I haven't been sleeping at all, my anger is becoming too much to handle that I have to hide myself away from everyone, including Marty.

Right now, I'm in the office away from everyone. I'm afraid that I could end up hurting someone again and I don't want that.
I discard another letter from another Alpha, it's the fifth threatening letter I have received since news spread about there being a female Alpha. They all basically say the same thing; I shouldn't be an Alpha, I'm a disgrace to the female population, I will never be able to protect my pack.
I rolled my eyes and sat back in my chair, I have a killer headache coming on. Readying myself for more work, I opened my eyes and could only see red.
Sitting upright, the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. Something is not right. I strained my hearing as far as I could, faint growls reached me. I quickly jumped up and ran out of the house, following my instincts as I couldn't see very well.
I stopped dead and let out a feral growl as a white hot pain ripped through my shoulder. My wolf instantly howled out to her mate, my hands shook and I let the half shift take over.

Damien's in trouble.

As soon as the thought entered my mind, I took off in the direction of Damien.
As soon as I crossed the border I had two guards on me, ignoring them I ran faster. The fighting was getting louder.
I entered the pack centre and immediately my eyes found Damien, he was bleeding from a wound to his shoulder and was crouched low in attack mode, opposite him was his beta which surprised me. The beta was severely wounded and barely able to stand.
I jumped in front of Damien and growled, when that did nothing, I gently laid my hand on his shoulder. Instantly the tension left his body and he stood up straight, his eyes cleared and locked onto mine. A small smile lit up his face and then he drew me into his arms, my wolf sighed in pleasure and I felt my half shift retreat. I wrapped my arms around his waist and snuggled my face into his chest, the both of us inhaling the other's scent, insuring our wolves that they are okay.

A few minutes had gone by when I remembered we had an audience, I stepped away and a low growl left Damien, I slipped my hand into his and gave it a squeeze.

“So, what's going on?”

“None of your business” his beta growled out as he tried to get up

“Tony, continue talking to my mate like that and I'll rip your throat out” Damien's voice was low and dangerous, sending shivers down my back “someone take him to the pack doctor” a few people tried helping him up but he pushed them away.

Damien tugged on my hand and pulled me inside. I looked around in awe, the pack house was gorgeous. It was a mix of old and new, which makes sense given who the Alpha is. The whole structure was built like a log cabin, with modern add ons as the pack has grown, we walked through a newer addition, down a hallway and into what I assume is Damien's office. Bookshelves lined the walls on all sides, his desk faced the door with a large chair behind it, a sofa sat in front of the window and that's where he led me.

He sat down and I couldn't help but sit on his lap, my wolf needed to be close to her mate and I was only too happy to oblige. His hand went into my hair and I could feel a rumble in my chest form when he started softly playing with my hair.

“Damien, I'm sorry for the way I acted the other day” I leant my head on his shoulder

“Mananchara, it was my fault, I let my wolf get too worked up. I never should have let him take control”

“Well, let's just say we were both wrong and leave it at that”

I felt Damien nod but other than that we didn't move, the both of us just enjoying being in each other's arms again.