Chapter Eleven

Picture of Damien ^

I spent the next hour mingling with everyone, meeting the Alphas and the Betas personally. I still hadn't met our neighbours and I was starting to think they were avoiding me. The Alpha's all acted nice to my face, but I could see the storms behind their masks. They didn't want to have an alliance with a female Alpha, it would make them seem weak. I was getting tired of plastering a fake smile on my face and acting like a diplomatic Alpha.

It didn't help that Julius and Alexis left not long ago, they wanted to get Rosie home, they hadn't spent much time around her today for fear of running into Marty and having a repeat of this morning.

I finally decided to sit down and have something to eat, I found a spare table and fell into the seat. My feet are killing me in these heels, I quickly slipped my feet out and sighed in relief. I hope Lauren doesn't see me like this. I quickly stuffed food in my mouth and almost moaned at how good it tasted.

It reminded me of the man that I got all hot over earlier, it was embarrassing. I shouldn't get like that over a man who is not my mate, those feelings should be only for my mate.

I noticed Tristan, a sixteen year old pack member making his way over to me. He had just recently moved into the pack house and away from his parents.

"Alpha Alyssa" Tristan bowed his head

"Tristan, how can I help?"

Tristan beckoned a girl forward who I hadn't noticed before. She was cute, the same age as Tristan, with black hair that was cut into a pixie cut and striking blue eyes, she was quite thin.

"Alpha, this is Rose, my mate. She's from the Silver Thunder Pack"

"Hello Rose, it's very nice to meet you. Have you decided what you are going to do?" I asked Tristan

"Rose would like to join us here, she doesn't have any family in her current pack" I noticed Rose look down in sadness and Tristan quickly pulled her into his side.

"Well, have you talked to your Alpha yet Rose?"

"No Alpha Alyssa. I can't seem to find him"

"That's fine, if I find him I will talk to him for you okay?"

"Thank you Alpha" They both bowed their heads and wandered back to the party

I sat there for a while longer and just watched everyone. My pack were happy, laughing, dancing and talking to the other packs. The visiting Alpha's had bought some of their unmated wolves with them in hopes that their mates would be here. From what I could see, some new mated couples had emerged tonight. I had a feeling that I would be welcoming quite a few wolves tomorrow. I loved welcoming ceremonies, they brought everyone together and we had a large bonfire at the end to celebrate our new pack mates, a pack run ended the celebrations to bring everyone together for the first time.

I stood and walked into the kitchen, hoping I would bump into the elusive Alpha or his Beta. Plus I wanted some quiet time. I left my shoes on the ground and walked barefoot through the back door. I heard some murmuring coming from the living room but I ignored it figuring it was a mated couple having some privacy. I poured myself a drop of whiskey and sat at the counter, alcohol doesn't affect us much, I just like the taste and warmth that it provides. I never drink more than one though, I like to have all my senses with me.

The voices grew louder, then they were shouting. I quickly stood up, ready to head in to break up whatever fight was going on but one voice stopped me. It sent shivers down my spine, desire swirling in my gut. The voice was rough and deep, I really wanted to find out who it belonged to. I shuffled my way out and into the living room, stopping at the doorway. Two large figures were arguing, one had his back to me, it was the man from earlier, his hair and broad back were imprinted on my brain. The other man was tall, with short blonde hair and green eyes that looked gentle but held anger at the moment.