Chapter 15

Today is the day, Damien will be meeting Marty and I am sick with nerves. All I can do is hope that they like each other because I don't know what I will do if they don't. I love Marty but I am also beginning to get strong feelings for Damien.

I shake the thoughts away and leave my office, Damien will be here soon and I need to eat something. We decided to keep the visit short today so we don't overwhelm Marty, plus we have some issues to sort out.

Entering the kitchen, I see Marty sitting at the counter with Brooke, eating his lunch and reciting the alphabet.

“Good job little wolf, you're getting better” I ruffled his hair as I passed.

“Thanks momma Ally. Is Damien still coming over today?”

“He is, he should be here soon actually. Are you nervous?”

“Not really. I think I will like him because he's your mate, and anyone who is good enough for you is good enough for me”

Marty then informed us that he was going to play and ran out of the room.

“He's very mature for his age isn't he? There's a sandwich in the fridge for you as well Alyssa” Brooke asked as she cleared their dishes.

“Thanks Brooke, you're the best. And he is mature, but after what he's gone through at his age I think it's expected. I'm just surprised he's doing as well as he is” I replied as I got the sandwich out

“Well, that's because he has you. You two have a very strong connection I haven't seen before. But I must be off, make sure he doesn't get up to any trouble”

“Thanks for all your help Brooke, I really appreciate it” she waved as she left the kitchen.

I was left with my thoughts again, thinking on what Brooke said about us having a strong connection. It's true that we have a bond that is rare in wolves that aren't related, sometimes I can feel his emotions if they are strong enough. Alice did say that he was always destined to be in my life so I just put it down to that. I finished my lunch and checked the time. Seeing it was time to go meet Damien at the border, I put my dish in the sink and left through the back door.

My nerves aren't helped by the fact that we haven't seen each other since the party two days ago. My wolf is missing her mate and it's putting me on edge.

I walked through the woods that border our territories and felt my nerves fade away, like all wolves, being in nature is incredibly soothing. The smells of the wildflowers and the sound of the birds singing brings back fond memories of my family when I was younger.

I made it to the border and was surprised to see no patrols, Damien must have done the same as me and told everyone to avoid this area for awhile.

“M’anamchara, you look beautiful today” Damien stepped out from behind a tree with a bouquet of beautiful lilies held in front of him. He's looking exceptionally sexy today, his hair looks washed and brushed, his beard is still large and bushy. A tight black shirt hugged his muscles and black trousers clung to his legs. His eyes were lit up with happiness and a large smile lit up the rest of his face.

He stepped forward over the border and held out the flowers to me. A series of howls went up and Damien instantly went into defence mode, standing in front of me, crouched slightly.

I chuckled as I moved in front of him and took the flowers from him “thank you for the flowers and don't worry about them. They are welcoming you to our land”

“Oh, that's never happened before” he looked perplexed but it quickly passed as he stepped closer to me

He laid his hand on my cheek and gazed at me in wonder, like he still couldn't believe I existed. I meant into him, my skin tingling wherever we connected. He wound his arms around me and my wolf sighed in happiness, I took big breaths trying to get as much of his scent as I could.