Day 13

Carter. That was this next guys name. I have looked at his history and I agree with his name being on this list. He is a con and steals money from everyone he can. I hate when someone is greedy like that.

I knew that he works at company and leaves at 5 every night. After work, he goes to a bar and drinks until 6 then goes home and has dinner by himself. Sometimes he goes back out, others he stays and does random things.

Tonight, he decided to go back out. I followed behind him, keeping some distance. He walked up to some house and knocked on the door. Whatever he was doing was shady. He looked all nervous. Some man opened the door and handed him some bag. Carter handed him one as well. Drugs?

He went home, at least that what it looked like. About a block from his house, he went down an ally. I waited a minutes before I followed. After a second, I realized that it was a dead end. Before I could turn around, I felt a gun press against my head.

"What do you want, kid? You've been following me since I left my house." Carter asked.

"Really? I've followed you since you left work, waiting." I replied. I was lying. Why would I follow him from work when I know I can't kill him then. If he didn't go to the bar they would know something was up.

"What the fuck do you want?" He pressed the gun against my hed harder.

I rolled eyes. I turned around, graded his gun and knocked him over. "You're worth 40 thousand, Carter."

"What?" I threw his gun to the other end of the ally and pulled out a knife.

"You've pissed out a lot of people, Carter and now you're going to pay." I got on top of him, pinning him down.

"He-" I placed my hand over his mouth.

"Calm down, Carter. It's going to be fine." I cut his cheek, he tried to scream. "Do I have to cut out of your voice box?" I moved my knife down to his neck. He shook his head. "Then stop screaming." I'm about fucking done with the guy. Why couldn't he cooperate?

I cut both of his arms, hitting the arteries. I'm done with him and his bullshit. He was crying, more like sobbing. Crybaby much?

I heard someone gasp. My head snapped up. There was someone at the entrance to the ally. The one rule I had about these murders was to leave no witness. I reached for my gun. I'm sorry. I thought to myself as I cocked the gun.

"Tyler?" I recognized the voice. Who was it?

She walked closer. As she got closer I realized it was the one person I wish it wasn't, Avery. I put my gun down and slit Carter's through. I had to deal with her without worry for him.

"What are you doing, Avery?" I asked, masking my feelings. Suddenly my logic and emotion went to war. The logical thing was to kill her, no one could know what I did. But my emotions told me to stop, we couldn't kill the person we were falling in love with. I could make my mind up before she got to me.

"No, the question is: what are you doing?" She's scared. I could hear it in her voice. "We have to do something."

"No, Avery, you have to leave before..."

"Before what?"

"Before I make up my mind," I yelled. "I have to kill you but I can't." Control. My logic was yelling at me. How was I to do that when the emotion part took over.

"Tyler, I won't tell anyone. I promise." She tried to reason. At this moment, it looked like my logic was going to win.

"Get out of here!" When logic took over, I wouldn't be in control anymore.