Day 25

The Burnham Post

BURNHAM CA: A place that is usually very calm has become a very unsafe place. In the few weeks, 17 people have been murders. Right now, the police have four people in custody, there is no information about the suspects.

The people of Burnham become concerned with the amount of effort put into the search for the killer. They believe that they should be putting this as their number one priority. Some even go to say that the police should call the FBI.

For what is now released, the police have been working with local gangs. Some believe that the gangs are behind the murders and are paying off the police to keep themselves out of jail. It has also confirmed that the killer has been leaving a mark. The name Rapunzel is craved into 15 of the victims. No information has stated why the killer has chosen the name or if it is even the name of the killer.

Right now the police do not believe that the suicide of Amanda White connects to the string of murders. They do believe that Jake Ross was the first of the murders but the murder didn't have the signature chosen yet.

The police have sent out a message saying that each of the people murdered was a criminal in some way. The police have upped the amount of police due to the last two kills being Judge W. Strayer and Mayor Parker Evens. People are waiting for this to be over before it's too late.

I took a deep breath. They didn't know it's me. Since my lastest kills, it has been harder to go out and kill. I can't go anywhere without seeing the police. I haven't kill anyone since the judge and I'm starting to get anxious.

"Relax," Avery whispered in my ear as she rubbed my shoulders. "You shouldn't be so tense."

"I don't like to be anxious, Ave. Things can go wrong."

"Stop reading the news and stuck go with the plan." The plan was a good thing. Two more people then I'm done with the list.

"The plan is good but something could go wrong."

"You worry too much. You're great at what you do."

"It's better to bring a gun to a knife fight."

"That's also a great way to die." She got up and stood before me. "We just have to be careful."

"But I don't know if I can kill him." I looked away.

"Why? It's just some kid." She doesn't understand.

"He's my friend." I looked back to her. "I don't want to do this to him but I will."

"When?"

"Tomorrow or the next day." I shrugged.

"I will-" Avery stopped because her phone went off. "Hello? Yes....But...I'm not.....Come on....Fine!" She hung up.

"You okay?" I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Yeah, I just want...." She leaned in and kissed me. "You."

"Yeah?" I kissed her back, again and again.

She pushed me down on the bed. We kissed some more. We moved farther on the bed, kissing the whole time.

"Ave, you sure?" I asked, making sure I'm reading this right.

"Yes," She whispered and continued to kiss me.Slowly, we lost our clothes. We didn't break contact once. We kept things slow, taking all the time in the world. Blissful.

Once we finished, we took a shower together, still kissing. What felt like hours later, we finally dressed and falling asleep on my bed. I held her close.