Day 23

"Are you sure you ready for this?" I asked Avery for the thousandth time.

"Yes, I want this. I want to." Avery replied, rolling her eyes. "I know what I'm doing."

"No, do don't. You have no clue what you're getting into." I shake my head.

"It can't be that hard."

"It's not. At least I wasn't in the beginning."

"So why don't you tell me. Tell about the first time you killed someone." In the limited time, I have known her, she has asked this question about a million times.

"Fine, fine. You want to hear the fucked up story of my life, then sit down and shut up." I turned away from her and took a deep breath. When I turned back, she sat on my bed, looking at me with huge eyes.

"It happened 2 and a half years ago. My parents were fucking murdered by this couple who were fucking idiots. I went to the cops to find this couple but they didn't really give a fuck. So, I did it all on my own. I found connecting. I found people who would help me and they did. They taught me everything I know. They were the traveling type, so they didn't stay long but they taught me how to kill. Once I was ready, I found the two. It turned out that they did it on a dare or something. Anyway, I killed the two on my own and made it look like a suicide. And from that, I became who I am." I turned away. It was worth it when I killed them. I saw them die. I heard them beg. I was the last thing they saw.

"Tyler, it's okay. I understand."

"You have no clue to what you're talking about."

"So show me. I'm coming and if you make me stay here, I will come. You can't stop me."

"Fine, you want to come, come. But don't blame me if it comes too much."

"Fine!"

"Fine!" We both crossed our arms and pouted. After a minute, I started to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Avery asked, trying to sound pissed off.

I turned to her and kissed her on the cheek. "Nothing, I just love you." She pushed me away. "Come on, Ave. I really do love you. Don't you love me?" I put my arm around her, pulling her close.

Sh gave up. "I love you more." She smirked and kissed me on the mouth. "But you still can't stop me."

"I know. You ready to go?" I finally gave up, she wants to come, then she can come.

She jumped up. "Yes! Where to first?"

I laughed to myself. "I've never met someone who was so excited to go kill someone," I muttered to myself.

I grabbed my backpack. I had planned this out and we everything we could need in it.

"So where to first?" Avery asked, bouncing around.

"Calm down. The Mayer has to work until 6. He walks home after work. I don't know why he chooses to walk. But he does and that helps us."

We walked out the door and walked down the street.

"How are we-"

"He has a thing for young girls. All you have to do is get him is change his path and take him into the forest."

"You make it sound so simple."

"It's not that hard."

"To you. All you have to do is kill the guy. I have to make him come."

I let out a small laugh. "I love you."

"I love you too." She stopped and pulled me into a kiss. If we're telling the truth, I have public affection. Why should everyone see what we do?