Worth It

"Hey, you're cute," Liam said, poking his finger into Zayn's chest with a little too much force. Zayn grabbed Liam's hand and giggled loudly in response. "Thanks, Li, you too," he replied, lazily kissing him on the cheek.

"Someone's been helping themselves to the Prosecco," Louis said, raising an eyebrow at Niall as he motioned to Zayn and Liam, who were now cuddling closely on the couch. 

"Yeah, but you offered," Zayn said, his soft brown eyes connecting with Liam's as he answered Louis. Louis shook his head and poured himself another drink. He himself was feeling a bit tipsy, but not enough to cozy up on the couch and start playing tonsil hockey with.... well, you know who.

Louis closed his eyes and tried to erase the thought of hooking up with Harry from his mind as the bitter drink filled his throat. Then, he opened his eyes and snuck a peek at Harry, who was wrapped in a blanket playing some sort of videogame with Niall. 

"What're you playing?" Louis asked, walking over to them. "Madden," Niall responded. "Apparently Harry loves football. He used to play." Without looking up from the television, Harry nodded. "Yup, I was defense," he said, wrinkling his nose as he made his player dive in to steal the ball. 

"Oh, fuck off," Niall responded, annoyed that his team had just lost control. Louis snickered to himself. Football was easy enough to follow along, but you would never find him stepping foot on any sort of sports field. Running around chasing after people -- and working up a sweat -- was not for him. 

After the round finished, Niall rose to grab another drink, and Louis watched closely as Harry began to bundle himself further into the blanket, closing his soft green eyes slightly as he leaned back into the couch. 

"Aww, he's sleepy," Louis said quietly to Niall, who was taking a solo shot of whiskey. "Ay, that burns," Niall said, wiping his mouth. "Haha, oh no, poor lad fell asleep on us."

Liam, who had finally finished examining the interior of Zayn's mouth, glanced over at Louis nervously. "Oh, so sorry. It's 12. That's about when he falls asleep," he explained, as if talking about a child. "That's okay," Louis replied with a chuckle, his blue eyes crinkling as he watched the angelic boy resting peacefully beside him. "Doesn't bother us."

Liam nodded and shot one more glance at Harry before returning his attention to Zayn, who was now gripping his torso firmly and covering it with lovebites. "Um... Zayn, babe. Why don't we take it back to the room," Liam said, trying to pull Zayn off of him as he shot Niall and Louis an apologetic look. "What you don't like my kisses?" Zayn asked, sitting upright and lowering his head.

"No, love," Liam whispered into his ear. "I do, but we're making them uncomfortable." Zayn's eyes opened wide and he let out a long "Ohhhhhh" as if having an epiphany. "Okay," he said, shaking his head. "Let's go home."

Liam stood up and walked over to Louis. "Thanks so much for the drinks man. It was fun getting to know you. Next time, come to our place, okay?" he said, patting Louis on the back. "And you too, Ni. We're gonna head back to our room because well...." he motioned at Zayn, who was now taking his shirt off. Niall and Louis burst out laughing, their eyes welling with tears over the hilarity. In response to the noise, Harry mumbled something softly in his sleep and turned over. 

"Zayn, love. Keep your clothes on," said Liam, grabbing his shirt from him and helping him tug it back on. But to be honest, Louis didn't mind -- that tattoo-covered chest was visually pleasant in more ways than one... 

"Okay," Zayn huffed, putting his shirt back on. "Goodnight everyone. Thanks for the drinks. Sorry I had a few too many.... Did I say goodnight? Goodniiiiiiight!" He began sprinting to the door and Liam jogged after him. "We forgot Harry, Z," he called after him.