Breakfast

"Okay, Hazza," Louis said softly, sitting up in bed with messy hair. "I think we've both worked up an appetite, don't you?" Harry nodded nervously, swallowing as he thought of his next meal. He had already eaten so much last night at the restaurant and all he wanted to do was restrict his calories. But he knew Louis wouldn't have that. Plus, he needed to maintain his weight this week so he could start working. It was for these two reasons that he followed Louis into the kitchen with sleepy eyes, twirling his hair lazily.

"Pancakes? Eggs? Yogurt? What do you fancy?" Louis asked, opening the fridge. Harry stared in horror at containers of half eaten takeaway pizza and Chinese, trying desperately to focus on the task at hand. "Up to you, babe," Harry said weakly. Louis furrowed his brow and put his hands on his hips. He had changed into a pair of joggers with a light blue long sleeved shirt and was looking at Harry with soft eyes and pouty lips— which, If harry was being honest, he found sexy as fuck. 

"Babe, I can tell you're uncomfortable. What's wrong? You don't have to bottle it up and pretend you're fine for me. That's just gonna make it worse," Louis said, watching as Harry looked back at him with guilty eyes. "You're right, Lou. I'm not being totally open about how I feel right now about breakfast. But if I told you every thought I had about food, we would be here all day. It's too much," Harry admitted, taking a seat at the mahogany table and putting his head in his hands.

"Well lucky for you I have all day, Mr. Styles," Louis said with a tiny smirk. "Tell me what's on your mind babe. I'll try to help you the best I can. No secrets, okay?" Louis poured Harry a cup of English breakfast tea and he drank it, holding the powder blue cup with his long, lanky fingers. Then he nodded, rubbing his hands through his long curls, which he realized he hadn't brushed since before the date.

"Fine," he muttered, patting at the chair next to him and motioning for Louis to sit. "So I just feel a bit guilty after that big meal last night. I want to restrict. But I know I shouldn't." Louis nodded understandingly, as restricting was something that Fizzy commonly struggled with, though she never voiced it openly.

"Well, I understand love. I know restaurant food makes you uncomfortable. But if we look back, you only had half of the portion and it covered all of the nutrients - carbs, fats, and protein. Plus you had veggies. It was a balanced meal love. And even if it wasn't, you deserve to enjoy yourself and have treats and things. You know that right?" Louis explained, breaking down the situation into small dissectible parts that wouldn't overwhelm Harry.

Harry looked at him in bewilderment. It seemed so simple the way Louis was putting it, and suddenly he felt a feeling that he hadn't felt in a long time: he felt like he had permission to eat. Because even though the voice in his head was screaming that he shouldn't eat and that he was too greedy, Louis was telling him he deserved to eat. And that's all that really mattered right now.

"That's... thank you love. That really helps, truly," Harry said looking up at Louis with wet eyes. "I usually don't feel like I deserve that if I'm being honest." Louis stood up and wrapped Harry in a warm hug, rubbing his collar bone gently. "Well you should know that you do. Always. So what do you like for breakfast usually? Or what did you used to?"

Harry raised an eyebrow, a tiny smile spreading across his lips. "Can we make something together?" He asked. Louis nodded, excited that the younger boy wanted to cook with him again. "Alright. I'll get the baby powder," Louis joked, leading Harry to the counter. "Don't you dare," Harry giggled. "Wanna make English breakfast? My mum used to make it so I sort of remember."

Louis nodded. "Sure, but I don't fuck with those beans. Never have," he said with a trite laugh. "But then it's not authentic," Harry whined, grabbing Louis' waist and hugging him from behind. "Fine, we'll make the beans, Harold," Louis replied. "But it's on you if I have trouble in the bathroom later..." Both boys burst out laughing at that comment— even Louis was shocked by how open he was being with Harry. This was a bit too much information....