Chapter 1~Typical Mornings

Fanaa's POV.

Waking up early in the morning is so exhausting.

I hate getting up for school only to end up in a school full of weirdos.

Yeah, full of weirdos.

But, I still have to go or else ammi (mom) will take me and make biryani with my fat.

Yeah, it's true I hate being fat but I still love myself and I won't let mom kill me today.

Getting up of my so comfy bed and letting my dream of pizzas flying, I made a small dua (prayer) in my head for Allah to send me his blessings and then I get to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I have to brush my teeth or else I have a breath that could kill human beings all in one.

Once I'm done with that and my breath smells like fresh mints, I get to my wardrobe only to stop in my tracks by hearing mom yelling my name.

"Fanaa!!" she yells from downstairs.

"Gi ammi!" I yelled back tying my hair in a bun.

"school ke liye late horaha hai! (you're getting late for school)" she exclaimed.

"just two minutes!" I said rushing to pick a pair of jeans and a black hoodie out of my closet.

Hoodies are my life! They are so comfy, I could live my whole life in them.

I quickly got back in the bathroom and wrapped my 'to go' black hijab.

I always wear a black hijab, it matches everything and it doesn't get dirty. I do try to change sometimes but it just doesn't feel like me when I don't have it on. I'm sure every hijabi can relate to that.

I ran downstairs straight in the kitchen and there I saw ammi with an angry face looking at me and there goes her morning lecture.

"are you serious Fanaa! You're gonna be late again! Your cousins are always earlier than you, I just called your aunty and she said they are all already at school and you're still here taking your time! Moti (Fatty)Come on! Eat your breakfast and Allah ki kasam(I swear to go) if you keep being late, I'll ask Salman to drop you!" she said that all in once.

Wow ! mom you rock!

Wait...did she just said Salman!

Ya Allah, I hate this guy he is literally so annoying and mom always keep saying that him and I are the perfect match. Oh hell no!

And, like any other typical brown desi mom she always compares me to my cousins! I hate it !

" mom I'm sorry! It won't happen again and no thank you Allah has give me legs to walk I can go to school by myself I don't need Salman! But, I would love Salman khan!" I cheered.

"you walk like a chicken!" she had to say it.

I burst out laughing! She can be so funny sometimes.

"I'm going now!" I said grabbing an orange and my bag pack.

"I made paranthas for you!" she said.

"ammi main itni moti hoon or aap! (mom I'm so fat and you!)" I exclaimed.

"ok shut up and go to school!" she responded back in a cold tone.