Chapter 26~Facing reality

Amal's POV.

We looked everywhere after the wedding but she was no where to be seen.

Where is Fanaa?

That's what her whole family has been asking me from the minute we were saying farewell to her sister.

She wasn't even here to say goodbye.

I know it's not normal but I also know Fanaa never leaves for no reason. She will definitely come back from where she is.

They stopped worrying a little when I told them she'll be back. I just hope she will actually come back.

I was in the guest room checking my phone every two second.

Hoping she calls.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door.

"May I come?" someone asked.

"Come in"

It was Sofia, her cousin.

"Hey"

"Hey um can we talk?" she asked.

"yeah sure what's up?" I got up from the bed standing in front of her.

"So...Fanaa is not coming back right?"

"What? No she will" hopefully.

"You don't have to pretend...I already know"

She knows?

"Okay?" what am I supposed to say?

"I feel guilty now"

"Why?"

"I knew something bad would happen at the wedding and it actually turned out that way" she said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"If I tell you...you need to promise you'll help me"

"Depends on what but I'll try my best" I can't make fake promises.

"Ahmed kidnapped her" she said.

"What?!" I placed a hand on my mouth not believing my ears.

"For real?! But-"

"I know it sounds crazy but it happened"

"How do you know?"

"I checked the cctv cameras at the hall— I saw it all" she confirmed.

"Dude that's...messed up" how can he do that?

"I have a plan..."

***

Fanaa's POV.

The time was passing by and I didn't know what to do or think.

I was feeling lonely and worried.

I changed into the clothes he gave me which was a pair of sweat pants and a long sleeves black shirt. It was oversized for me which tells me enough that it was his.

I didn't want to do what he told me to but this dress was too heavy and I needed to clean up and pray to Allah.

The only one who can show me a way.

I was getting hungry and this jerk didn't even show up at twelve like he said, so I have been since then locked up in this room starving.

I must sound crazy but I absolutely want him to come back and at least give me food. I can't live without it.

There was a knock on the door before it opened and he was here. He looked tired but I couldn't care less.

"Shit! I'm sorry I forgot to tell the boys—you must be hungry come on the food is downstairs" he said.