Chapter 12: Going Home

A/n: Thank you all for over 20K+ views! Couldn't have gotten this far without you all! You're the real MVP. 👍

(Y/n) POV:

Flashback...

"Momma?" I called out to my mom. She looked up from whatever she was working on.

Mom:"Yes, dear?" She asked me. I rubbed my eyes sleepily.

"I got nightmares again." I admitted ashamed. My parents wanted me to be tough. However, I was still scared of the closet. My mother sighed and walked over to me. She lifted me up and carried me over to her seat. I looked on the table to see her disassembling her favorite gun. The Jericho 941. My mother sat down with me on her lap. I gazed intently at the weapon.

Mom:"Do you like it, (Y/n)?" She asked me curiously. I nodded and continued to stare at it. Then my mother asked me another question.

Mom:"Would you like to help me assemble it?" She asked me. I nodded excitedly. A smile formed on her face. The two of us began reassembling her pistol. She and I expertly greased and put every part into its correct place. After a few minutes, the Jericho was sitting on the table completed. I wiped away excess grease on my hand and smiled proudly. Then I looked at my mother, and she had the same expression.

"I did it mommy!" I yipped happily. She smiled wider and kissed me on the head. I giggled, and then she picked up the gun.

Mom:"Would you like to hold it?" She asked me. I nodded, and she handed me the gun. It held it in my hand, and it was quite big. Plus it was heavy too. However, I felt safe and comfortable with it.

"Cool!" I beamed with amazement. Then I handed it back to her, but my mother wouldn't take it for some reason. I looked at her worriedly. Then she shook her head.

Mom:"You keep it." She told me. My eyes widened in shock. It was her favorite pistol that she used in service.

"B-But-" She shushed me by placing her finger over my lips.

Mom:"Do you feel safe with it?" She asked me. I nodded sincerely. My mom then lifted me into her arms and began carrying me.

Mom:"Then you hold onto it for me. Okay?" She asked.

"Yes, mommy." I replied. She took me to my room and opened the door. I normally would shrink into her arms, but I didn't. With my mom and her pistol, it felt okay. She set me down on the bed and reached under the pillow. My mom the pulled out a combat knife and a pistol. She gave me a skeptical look.

Mom:"Really? A 2.5mm pistol?" She asked me unimpressed. I shrugged.

"That's what daddy gave me. I asked for a Glock, but he said no." I told her. She shook her head before placing my knife on the nightstand.

Mom:"I'll have a word with daddy later. You go to sleep, okay?" She asked me and kissed my head. I lied down and tucked in. My mom walked to the doorway and looked back.

"Night, mom." I told her. She smiled and blew a kiss.

Mom:"Night, sweetie. Make sure to not shoot unless you're sure there's a monster." She reminded me. I nodded, and she shut the door. I gripped my new weapon and stared at the dark closet across the room from me. My hand began to shake with fear, but I choked it down and aimed my weapon.

"Show yourself!" I yelled out. My response was silence. Then I slowly lowered my pistol and let out a sigh. I must be imagining things. My eyes began to close from my sleepiness. However, I shot awake when I heard footsteps. They were faint, but I still heard them. I kept silent, as the footsteps began to get louder. My finger rested over the trigger. Ready to drop anything hostile. Suddenly, I heard a sound from my closet. I looked to see a faint glow of night-vision goggles. The user had a weapon with a laser sight trained on me. However, they seemed to not notice I was awake. Big mistake.