Chapter 19: The Darkest Day in Rainbow

A/n: Okay. Before this chapter starts, I'm going to give you all a warning. Things may piss you off, make you cry, or just want to walk away. However, this is an important part to this story and how I want it to play out. Please understand and don't hate me.
-Ninjamain

(IQ POV):

I sighed happily and rubbed my tummy gently. Inside there was someone I love, and I haven't even seen them yet. It was mine and (Y/n)'s child.

"What should I name you?" I cooed softly. Even though the baby hasn't developed to a point where he/she could hear things, I still talked to them. It comforted me in a sense. The whole pregnancy ordeal was unexpected from the start.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door, and I looked up to see who it was. Ash was peering through the small opening. In her hand was Chinese food that she forced Lesion to cook. It was my cravings that caused that.

Ash:"Hey, are you feeling better?" She asked worriedly. I sighed and nodded. Earlier, (Y/n) video called Ash, Ela, and I. I freaked out because of the mood swings.

"Earlier, but now I feel bad." I stated glumly. Ash let out an amused laugh and sat down beside me.

Ash:"Don't worry. (Y/n) will be fine." She assured with a smile. I returned the gesture and looked down at my slowly growing stomach. The redhead then followed after.

Ash:"Are you still talking to him?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow. I looked at her with amusement.

"Him?" I repeated. Ash crossed her arms and scoffed.

Ash:"I know it's going to be a boy." She stated confidently. A momentary silence passed before we started laughing together.

After calming down, we started eating. Normally, the food would cheer me up, but I was still feeling down for some reason. It had to be the fact that I said those harsh words to (Y/n). And he was all injured, but concerned for me.

Ash:"What's wrong?" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked down at the ground with guilt.

"I said I hated him. What if...." I trailed off, and my lips began to quiver. I was starting to cry again.

Ash:"What if?" She coaxed me to tell more. I looked at my friend with tears streaking down my face.

"What if that's the last thing I ever tell him?" I broke into sobs. Ash sighed and pulled me into a hug. I buried my face into her chest, and let out all of my emotions.

Ash:"There. There. That won't be the last thing you say to him. You know why?" She assured and questioned. I sniffled and spoke.

"Why?" I asked and let go. Ash looked into my eyes and spoke.

Ash:"Because you're going to say worse things during labor." She said with a smirk. I sniffled and cracked a small smile.

"Thanks, Eliza." I thanked sincerely. Ash nodded, and then there was a sudden knock on the door. Ash turned to look at me.

Ash:"Are you expecting anyone else?" She questioned. I shook my head no. The redhead stood up and walked over to the door. She opened it, and there was a recruit standing at the doorway.

Ash:"Yes?" She asked calmly. The recruit saluted her before speaking.

Recruit:"Sorry to bother you, mam. Six wanted you and IQ to meet at the mess hall for the welcoming of the GIS operators." He reported. Ash nodded and thanked him before the recruit left.

Ash:"Are you okay to go? I can tell them that you're not feeling-" I cut her off by waving my hand.

"No. I can go and greet the new operators. It will be really quick." I refused her offer. Ash nodded, and the two of us began walking to the mess hall.