Chapter 18: Operation: Chinglish

A/n: Another chapter for my awesome readers.

Ps: I cannot thank you all enough for the amount of support this book has achieved. You readers are the best, and I'm proud and honored to write an amazing piece. Hope we can continue onward for higher goals. 100K is in our grasp!

(Y/n) POV:

"Hey (Y/n), is everything all right?" I turned around and saw that it was Ela with a concerned look.

"What do you mean?" I replied with a question. Ela sighed and walked over to me. We then made eye contact, and I could tell something was troubling her.

"Monika has requested medical leave. For what reason, I didn't know, but I was wondering how you're handling it." Ela clarified. I nodded silently in response. IQ's sudden action was unsettling.

"To be honest..." I trailed off in the end. Ela gestured for me to continue, but I sighed and ruffled my hair.

"It's been bothering me. Monika has been having these symptoms. She assured me that they were nothing, but this happens." I explained my concern. Ela's eyes suddenly widened.

"What kind of symptoms?" She essentially screamed. I was a little startled by her reaction, but then explained everything. The whole time, Ela had a confused expression and seemed to be lost in thought.

"Hmm...I'll talk to you after the mission. There are some things I have to discuss." Ela stated ominously before walking off. This only left me with more questions than answers.

'I guess I'll ask Monika why she's leaving after the mission.' I concluded before heading to the briefing room. My next mission was going to be an interesting one.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (Y/n) with the nitro-cell ace....

(Ash POV):

"You have to tell him." I said sternly to a certain German blonde.

"I know, but..." IQ replied nervously and looked down. I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall to her room.

"But what?" I demanded. IQ sighed and rubbed her belly. The current home to an expecting baby. Even though IQ hasn't told (Y/n) yet, she still made sure to put the child's safety first.

"W-What if he wants nothing to do with me after I tell him?" She suddenly broke into tears. I sighed and sat down beside her. Then I hugged her lightly, while IQ cried into my shoulder. IQ knows the answer to her question, but mood swings were her worst enemy.

"Monika, you know he won't do that." I assured IQ. She sniffled and nodded lightly.

"I know, it's just...I'll-"

"You'll look fat, you told me a thousand times." I cut her off because she has been giving me the same excuse. IQ broke into tears again, and I rolled my eyes. Before I could console the woman, the someone began banging on the door to her room.

"FBI! OPEN UP!!!!" I heard a familiar feminine voice boom.

"Ela, that's my gag, so please stop." I replied tiredly. The door opened to reveal the green haired operator grinning playfully.