Chapter Eleven

Jack groans as I clean his wound on his rib. 

"Sorry," I said for what feels like the tenth time in the past five minutes. 

We are sitting in one of Grayson's many guest bedrooms, while I clean Jack's wounds from the fight. After Grayson passed out, Theo and George put him on the couch and the rest of us each took our own room for the night. All of us have too much drink to be drinking and are too tired to actually drive back. We each took our respected rooms with Molly and Theo sharing as well as Jess and Geroge.  I finished cleaning everyone's wounds as much as possible before tending to Jack's who's last on the list. 

Once I put the bandage on his rib wound, I took hold of one his hands and started on the split knuckles. I take the cloth from the bucket of water and place it on his knuckles so that they take away the blood streaming from it. 

"You know, I'm fine, you don't need to do this" Jack said again looking right at me. 

"Yes I do, you could get an infection," I replied continuing to pat his knuckles. 

Jack sighs and sits back in his other hand showing off his abs. I clench my jaw trying not to look at his insanely tempting body. I had him take off his shirt so that I could tend to the wounds underneath, but I think I kind of regret it now that I think about it. 

"How did you learn all of this stuff?" He asks me as I put Polysporin on his knuckles

"A friend taught me," I said looking down at his hands trying not to look into his eyes or his body. 

"Which friend?" he asked. I take in a sharp breath and stop what I'm doing. 

"O-Olivia" I blurt out, biting my lip trying to stop the tears forming in my eyes. Why did I say that?

"What's wrong?" He asks tilting my chin up so that my eyes meet his. His eyes are full of concern and they're trying to search mine for answers. I shake my head trying to hold the tears in, but they come streaming down my face.

"She's dead" I managed to choke out before wiping my tears from my face. It's been the first time since I said those words out loud and a pang of guilt and sadness all come back as I remember everything that happened on that night. 

"What happened to her?" He asks calmly, cupping my cheek. 

I look out the window behind him and take both of his hands in mine. Should I tell him? Would I open up old wounds that I've tried so hard to heal, for him? I look into his captivating brown eyes. He helped me through that panic attack, he already knows so much about me except for that one thing. I know that I can trust him, but should I trust him with this? I take a deep breath, closing my eyes before answering. 

"About a year ago, back in Omaha, my parents went out for a date night and I was home alone. Instead of doing my homework for history, I called Olivia, to see what she was up too......" I start looking into his eyes. 

"She said that there was some club opening and she knew a guy who a knew a guy that could get us in. Obviously, I agreed. We met up with some other guys who were going too and we all got in. Once we were inside, we did shots and danced for I don't know how long, till gun shouts and screams were heard. These guys, dressed in black, hoods covering their faces, came in." I explain, tears forming in my eyes as I bite my lip. 

"They told us to get on our knees and said that they were looking for someone who owed them money. Every minute that this person didn't show themselves, they shoot someone in the head. The guy that they were looking for wasn't even in the building, but they didn't know that, so they kept on killing innocent people." I said closing my eye, seeing all the blood and the light leaving all their eyes. I swallow a lump in my throat before continuing.