Chapter Twenty Three

Jack's POV

"VIC!!!.....VIC!!!" I scream, my voice hoarse. My head starts to hurt from all the blood pouring into my head. I pant heavily and I take out my pocket knife from my back pocket. Glass is shattered all over the ground and it looks like we are on the side of the highway near the woods. I position myself so that I would land on my shoulder instead of on my head. I groan in pain as I cut the seat belt and fall on the ground. I crawl out the window and a sharp pain erupts from my side. I feel it and my hand comes out bloody. 

"Shit" I mumble. My beautiful Camaro is now smashed and upside down, the driver side mirror completely gone, the windows shattered and the tires are spinning, the front left wheel looks like it's about to fall off. 

I quickly head to the opposite of the car. I crouch down, groaning at the pain it causes and carefully positioned Victoria so that she doesn't kill her already bleeding head onto the ground that's full of shattered glass. Once I do, I cut the seat belt using my pocket knife. Her body slumps to the ground and I quickly put the knife away before moving closer to her. I wrap my arms around the back of her knees and behind her neck and carry her out -bridal style- and lay her back on the ground a few metres away.   

"Fuck" I curse as blood spills from her side. I quickly take off her cardigan and place it on her wound. The blood spills and creates a circular red stain on the side of her grey cropped tank top. I put pressure on the wound, using the cardigan. I hear sirens coming closer to us by the second. I wipe blood coming from her head. Guilt runs through my veins as I look at the state of my girlfriend. Blood runs from her head, her side is sliced all the way along and her ribs are probably broken. 

"This is all my fault. I should have never brought you to that place" I said to her as I move strands of hair from her face. I shake my head, fighting back tears that form on the corners of my eyes. 

I should have never been so selfish. I should have just let her go before things got more serious. I shouldn't have brought her into this. 

The ambulance stops at the side of the highway and the paramedics come out from the back, holding a stretcher. 

"Sir! Stand back" One of them told me. I shake my head. 

"I can't leave her" I whisper, still holding the cardigan against her. One of the paramedics put their hands on top of mine while the other takes my hands away. I reluctantly let them do so as they put her on the stretcher. One of them put those plastic cup things on her while they move her towards the ambulance. I stumble after them, my side screaming in pain. 

"Sir, what your name?" One of them, a red-headed girl asked me as she puts my arm around her shoulder, her hand gripping onto my waist as she helps me towards Victoria. 

"Jack" I pant, my breaths getting more desperate as I fight the pain erupting throughout my body.

"Okay, Jack, my name is........ Michelle. Can..... you tell...... me................ what.... happened?" She asked me in between her breaths. I can tell she's having trouble carrying/dragging me. I mean, I am only 190 pounds of muscle. 

"Victoria....is she okay?" I ask as I groan in pain. 

"She'll be okay, she's stabilized...........for now," She said as two men grab both my arms and lift me up onto the ambulance. I sit down and grab Victoria's hand and lightly stroke her hand with my thumb. Once they close the doors we head off to the hospital. 

"Okay, Jack, I need to see your wound, you're bleeding pretty badly" Michelle as she takes out all the medic stuff. 

I nod and lift up my white shirt that's now stained with Vic's blood as well as mine. I groan at the pain it causes to lift up my shirt. She starts to clean my wound and I hiss at the pain. I turn to look at Vic and the guilt continues to take over my body. The paramedics are quick to work to stop the bleeding but their faces tell me something's wrong.