Chapter Fifty One

"Come on, Vic, just please, can you at least talk to him. Coach is literally going to throw him off the team if he doesn't step it up and starts to make his passes" Jace said, running hand through his hair.

"Which means he might lose his all expenses paid trip to USC" George said, his voice worried.

"Look, I still don't know what makes you think that because of me, Jack's doing bad. I didn't do anything wrong to almost completely put our relationship in the deep end. Whether he does bad or not, is not my focus right now" I said, crossing my arms in front of me. After what happened with Jack earlier today, the boys have approached me and they cornered me in the hallway so that I won't escape when they try to talk me into sympathizing for Jack.

"Vic, at least hear him out. I know you're still mad at him but can you at least encourage him before tonight's game starts? We've lost the last few games so instead of winning our league we now have to fight for the wild card and it's tonight. If we lose, most of us might lose our very precious scholarships" Theo said, gesturing to them.

"Theo, you of all people should know-" I start.

"You don't have to forgive him or anything, just tell him to get his head in the game" He said, cutting me off.

"Please, Vic. We're actually begging you. We've got Katherine to bake his favourite double chocolate cookies he likes, the twins to cheer him up, but nothing is working. You're our last hope of us making it into the championship" Lincoln pleads. I clench my jaw and take a deep breath.

"I'm only doing this because of you guys. Not for him. Remember that... I still don't know why you're guys think that I'm the answer here" I said, running a hand through my hair. All there eyes light up like a Christmas tree when they hear my answer.

"YES!!,... YOU ARE OUR SAVIOUR VICTORIA!!" Jace said, pulling me into a bear crushing hug as he sucks the air out of me as I'm being lifted off the ground.

"Group hug!" Lincoln said as he wraps his arm around me, followed by George. Theo scoffs and rolls his eyes.

"Come one, mister 'I don't like hugs', just once?" I ask him with my puppy eyes as he stand there with his arms crossed.

"Fine, just cause it's you" He sighed, giving in. A grin takes over my face as my four best friends hug me.

"All of you owe me one" I said once we all pull away and they all nod there heads.

"Well, how about a little birthday party after the game? Since it is your birthday, today. Grayson as usual agreed to host it. So what do you say? Are you gonna show up for own birthday party?" Jace asked, raising an eyebrow, making me giggle.

"Yeah, I suppose so...... it is my birthday after all" I replied, shrugging. I could use some fun, right now.

"Good, I'll text him to proceed with the original idea," Jace said, taking out his phone.

"Original idea?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Well Grayson was going to throw a party regardless if you said yes or not. It was a matter of if it would be birthday themed or whatever themed he wanted it to be" Theo said, shrugging.

"It's settled. We'll just have to help him set everything up. Obviously not including you, Vic. No offence, it's your birthday and well, we need to make it somewhat of a surprise" Jace said and I nod.

"Ok Vic, I told Jack that you'll talk to him after practice" George said, locking his phone and putting in his pocket.

I frown, "Did he tell you guys to come and talk to me and use the 'fine, if you don't talk to me and resolve this then you're putting our friends future in danger ' card?" I ask, crossing my arms, looking between all of them.