Chapter 5

The rest of the day went uneventful after my run in with Damon and Derek in the kitchen. Gabriel and I spent the day in each other's arms watching TV in the living room, and even though I'm trying not to get attached to him, it's getting hard. He makes me laugh and puts me before himself. He also never asks about the scar for which I am grateful.

As we were walking to my room he brought up an unexpected subject.

"You'll need to meet the pack soon," He says while looking straight ahead. The statement was so unexpected that I stopped in my tracks and it took him a while to notice and stop. He turns and looks at me.

"You can't be serious!?" I yell, knowing where this was going.

"I am. My father is about to go back to Europe and he would like to know that before he leaves you will make a good Alpha for this pack, and a good mate for me." He says this all while looking me straight in the eye, telling me to listen to him, drop the subject and submit because he's the stronger alpha, but I wouldn't back down.

"What if I'm not ready to meet them? What if he decides I'm not cut out as an alpha and your mate? What if I don't want to be the Alpha!?" I slowly begin to raise my voice until I'm yelling the last part and after I say it, I realize it's true. I don't want to lead this pack. What if, like my family, I fail them as well?

Gabriel watches my outburst calmly, though I slowly begin to notice his eyes turning dark and after I yell the last sentence he ran up to me so fast I slam myself against the wall. He cups my face gently in his hands and forces me to look at him.

"You are ready to be an Alpha Tessa. You're strong, fast, and smart, everything an alpha is. I don't care what my father says about you, you are my mate and I know you will make a great Alpha and mate," As he spoke I looked deep into his beautiful eyes and saw that what he said was true.

Without even thinking, I reach up and lace my hands around his neck, pull his head to mine and kiss him. Everything I've been fearing melts away with that kiss. He tenses at the beginning but relaxes his shoulders and places his hands on my waist as he kisses me back. It feels like electricity is racing through my body, coming from his lips and hands. I press his face closer and when I felt his tongue asking for entrance I opened my mouth and let him explore.

He grabbed my thighs and lift me up until I could wrap my legs around his waist and not once did we break the kiss. He carries us like that until we reached my room where he placed me on the bed and laid on top of me using his elbows for support while his lower body rested against me.

As our kissing got more intense, I allowed my hands to run down his sides and slip under his shirt. Using my fingers, I traced the contours of the muscles along his back, which were tense from holding himself up, and traveled from his back to his chest and marveled at how muscular he really was.

As I was doing this he began to move from my lips to my neck leaving an electrifying feeling wherever his lips touched. When he reached my neck he nipped me making me making gasp. He got on his knees and took off his shirt letting me see his gorgeous body and six pack before leaning down to begin kissing me again.

I was in heaven. I didn't need to worry about evil alphas or him finding out about my secret, it was just him and me in this moment. Until he stopped it.

" Not tonight. Not until after you meet the pack," He said while looking down to at me and running his finger along my cheek opposite the scar.

I hesitated a little before biting my lower lip and nodded. He smiled and I knew I made the right choice. I smiled back and he leaned down to give a peck on the lips before rolling onto his back. I rolled onto his my side and laid my head on his still bare chest. We stayed that way until I fell asleep. That night I had no nightmares but dreams of me and Gabriel.