Chapter 13

When I woke up the next morning, I was so sore. I groaned and turned by head to look at Gabriel. He was still asleep. The sunlight filtering through the windows, showing the brown highlights in his dark hair.

I ran my finger along his cheek and he twitched and opened his eyes. "Morning handsome," I said while smiling.

" Morning gorgeous," he said and I laid my head on his chest and he began stroking my hair.

" Don't you have alpha duties to attend to?" I asked as I looked up at him.

" Yeah," he gave me a devilish grin, "But they can wait," I squealed when he turned and got on top of me.

It was noon by the time we got dressed and joined the others downstairs. They were all in the living room and Stiles, Derek, and Damon were playing some fighting game on the X box one. Valerie and Alexandria were watching from the couch.

Gabriel cleared his throat and everyone turned to look at him. Derek took the distraction and killed the other two. " Yes!" he said and Damon and Stiles scowled at him.

As Gabriel and I walked towards them, they all stood up and bowed their heads. "Is there room for one more?" Gabriel asked. They looked up and had big grins on their faces. They laughed and began to hook up a fourth controller while I joined the others on the couch.

Valerie leaned over, "Did you guys have fun last night?" she whispered but everyone still heard and looked at me. Gabriel had a smirk on his face and I shot daggers at him.

" Yeah....." I turned a deep red because I didn't know how to put it into words. Valerie reached over and pulled my jacket sleeve down, exposing the mark. Everyone crowded around to get a look, even Gabriel.

" Why is it a black and red paw?" Damon asked.

" It's originally supposed to be black and white with the white symbilizing the pattern on Guardian wolves. The part that is supposed to be white is red because it shows I'm part of the Bloodmoon pack and bonded to a werewolf that isn't a Guardian Wolf," I look around the group and everyone was staring open mouthed at my explanation.

After a couple hours of playing video games and talking about the mark, I follow Gabriel to his office. Someone had built a roost for Lissa outside the office window along with a roof. Lissa was perched on the roost and bowed her head to us 'Alphas' she said an I relayed it back to Gabriel.

"Alpha. That's not something I never thought I'd be called," I looked at Gabriel. He looked like he was going to say something but the phone began to ring. He gave me one last look and turned towards the phone and answered it.

"Hello? Thank You sir," I could hear what was being said on the other end. Then the mystery person said something and Gabriel looked at me with worried eyes. My heart began to pound. " No sir, can't say I've seen her. You know rouges, they lie. Can you give me a description of both of her forms?" Gabriel got a pen and paper and began writing down random things. " Ok. I will notify you if we have any sightings of her. Let me schedule when he can come by. Bye." he hung up and sat in his chair and put his hand over his eyes.

I got up and sat on the edge of his desk. " Who was that?"

"Alpha Michael. The rogues that attacked us and escaped went to him and told him they saw you. He wanted to know if it was true."

"Who is he sending?"

"His beta. He didn't believe me and he's coming in two days. First day as an alpha and I might already have an enemy. Michael is the most dangerous alpha ever. He's big, and fast. It's even been said his wolf is as black as ink and in wolf and human form, his eyes are a crimson red."

I froze. Red eyes surrounded by fire. He killed my family. "No!" I whispered. Gabriel called my name but I couldn't hear him. I touched my scar and felt a tear slide down my cheeks.

I ran out of the room and then the house and shifted just outside the door. Unsuspecting people yelped and leaped out of the way. I don't know where I was going and I don't care. I thought I could escape my past, but it has caught up with me.