Chapter Thirty-Two - "Why The Heck Is There A Hot Male Organism In My Room?!"

Chapter Thirty-Two - “Why The Heck Is There A Hot Male Organism In My Room?!”

It had been just a few hours since I had left home. In less than twenty-four hours I had managed to leave the country, arrive in London, and end up at Marsfield Research and Treatment Centre. I didn’t manage it by myself though. The second my feet touched the ground, I had received a frantic phone call from Tyson, demanding to know where I was. He sounded pretty pissed at me, and I wouldn’t really blame him to be honest. Looking back, it was a rash decision and it wasn’t really a good idea to travel by myself and not to tell anyone where I was going or why.

Of course, Rhys would be the only one Tyson could hear why I left from. I’m bloody well not telling him why I left. My cheeks warmed at the thought of that conversation. I almost felt sorry for Rhys. Almost. There was still a knot of negative emotions sitting in my stomach like a lead balloon. It weighed me down, making it hard to move without being reminded of what had happened. I had managed to get around half an hour of sleep on the plane. My dreams were filled with Rhys. He seemed confused, but anxious in my dreams. I gave up on sleep. I had even read a trashy magazine, hoping it would distract me. It didn’t. I felt restless while on the plane, there was nowhere for me to go, nothing for me to do to distract me. Nobody for me to talk to about inane things like pancakes and what type of cat was superior.

Instead is sat in silence and tried to blot out the past few hours. It was all about the future now.

I had been played. I had lost the game. I had been lied to so many times. Unfortunately, it had taken something big for me to realize all this. He had kicked me while I was down. Brought me down even lower when I was at my lowest.

Everything hit me at once, while I was waiting to board the plane. I was going to die. I was going to fade away slowly unless I did something only I could do. When I realized this, along with everything else, I just wanted to give up. Maybe I was supposed to fade away. Maybe this was what was supposed to happen.

Along with all the negative, I felt a burst of fury. I was angry. I had been all this time and had denied the emotion. I was angry that I had been chosen, and with that came a renewed vigour to live which was stronger than the need to give up, give into it.

When I turned up at Marsfield, pale, sleep deprived and eyes rimmed with red, they didn’t question it. They contacted Dr Hennessy. He told them everything. He promised to forward my files. I sat in a chair while all this happened, concentrating on my breathing. My phone started vibrating in my pocket, and I nearly ignored it. I was a lone force now. Curiosity over ruled my stubbornness. I pulled it out of my pocket, and rolled my eyes when I saw it was Tyson yet again. I answered it. I needed one ally, even if I wanted to go at it alone.

“Annie, thank Jesus Christ! The next plane isn’t leaving for a few hours, but I’ll get there as soon as I can, alright? Just pass on the account details, okay? Don’t do anything stupid. Just stay put. And tell them the account details!” Tyson rushed out, in case I cut him off or hung up.

“Just you. Only you can come. I don’t want to see him.” I whispered, and Tyson fell silent.

I heard him exhale loudly, “Why won’t anyone tell me what happened?!” He exclaimed, his tone one of frustration. “Okay, look. I’ll come. Could you just tell me what he did? Did he hurt you?”