Grand Cherokee

That night Nina had been unable to sleep.
She was extremely excited about her vacation.
She texted Erica and told her about the good news.

Nina: Hey bff. My dad said yes. So the holiday is on.  I can't wait!

Erica replied immediately.

Erica: That's great news mate. I will pick you  up tomorrow, with my dad.
I'm looking forward to an amazing holiday. This is our last holiday as high school students remember!
After next term, we shall be done with high school. I'm super excited.

Nina: Alright. I'll tell my parents and then wait for you tomorrow. This is gonna be the best holiday my whole life.

Erica: No problem.  See you tomorrow girl. Goodnight

Nina: Goodnight bff.

She held the phone tight on her chest  curled on her duvet and got lost in her thoughts.

She could not stop imagining how the holiday would be at a mansion.
She would be given a big room, with a big bed, probably a full body dressing mirror so that she could look at her petite body very well.

"Good morning Miss Nina. Did you sleep well? .", asked a soft female voice that she could not recognize.

Her hands covered her eyes on feeling the bright  sun rays through the huge glass window hit her face when the curtains were drawn.

"Good morning.", said a sleepy Nina as she covered her head to block the sun rays.

"Get up now.  Erica called for you. She's almost done with cleaning up.  Get dressed and meet her in her room so that you can both go downstairs for breakfast.", the soft voice  said.

Nina did not want to get out the big comfortable king size bed.

She felt the duvet leave her body, this time the feeling was more real,  exposing her pajama covered body to the morning wind and the usual scent of roses.

When her eyes swung open, she saw her mother standing at the edge of the bed saying something that her mind could not register at the moment.

"Oh boy. It was just a dream.", she sighed.

"Ha! It's eleven already and you're still dreaming.", said a surprised Mrs. Reed.

"Mum!  I could have enjoyed a yummy breakfast if only you had let me finish my dream."

Her statement made her mother burst into laughter.

"Are you seriously dreaming about food? You must be starving. Take and shower and go get something to eat.", said Mrs Reed.

"Don't forget to pack everything you'll need. Nina and her dad are coming for you later at 3:00pm.", she added over her shoulder as Nina disappeared into the bathroom.

Nina was half way into the bathroom when she heard that statement. She turned back and asked her mom, really surprised about how she knew that information.
Wait! How do you know that?

Well, I received a call from the Woods' residence and they told me that Mr Steve Woods was coming here with her daughter at 3:00pm.

"Oh! They called? How responsible!", Nina said with a surprised expression, eyes brows raised.

Her mother had left already when she got out of the bathroom. She threw on a sky blue T-shirt and tight black jeans. She went for breakfast when she felt that she was ready enough.

"Morning dad." she said as she placed a peck on his cheek.

"Good morning my angel. Did you have a good night's  sleep?", he grinned.