Chapter 20: Encounters

**Important authors note at the end**

~Charlotte's POV~

" This is just great." I hissed pacing back and fourth in one of the guest rooms I was temporarily staying in for a few nights until my room was fixed.

" I'm sorry, princess." Rose said sincerely.

" It's not your fault." I told her.

" School starts in forty-five minutes." She told me and I nodded waving her off. She bowed before exiting and I cleared my head about the prophecy. I sighed before finishing off the blood in the cup. I quickly brushed my teeth and checked over my outfit. I was wearing a black and white striped skirt with a brown belt and a black tank top. I checked to make sure my necklace was still in place and put on my brown cork heeled shoes. Going downstairs I said goodbye to my parents before I grabbed my keys and got in my car. I arrived to school in a short amount of time and I was happy to see Jasmina and Ashlyn talking by the door. I shut off my car putting my keys in my purse.

" C!" Chloe yelled and I smiled giving her a small wave.

" Nope! I'm not letting you go with just a wave. Get your butt over here." She demanded and I rolled my eyes walking over to her. Her arms quickly went around me, giving me a hug.

" I haven't seen you since the party!" She exclaimed.

" Show up to school some time you slut." I joked and she smiled.

" I only ditched a day and what are you talking about you whore. I mean you left for a year with a guy you supposedly hate." She said and I gave her a guilty smile.

" Guilty as charged." I said before changing the subject." Where's Caleb?"

" He's hanging out with Jake and that whore." She said rolling her eyes as she looked over her fresh manicure.

" You mean Molly?" I asked and she shrugged.

" Yes, but I'm still pissed she was sleeping around with your boyfriend." Chloe said shaking her head.

" No need to hold a grudge. We're all seniors now so like you said lets have a fresh start." I said and she sighed.

" Old ways die hard." She told me and I shook my head.

" You don't have to change yourself for anyone Chlo. You weren't acting like a horrible stuck up bitch you were just a little harsh sometimes that's it." I said honestly and she shrugged while twirling her blonde hair. Chloe looked distracted for a moment looking at someone from a distance. I looked over where she was looking to see Drew and his friends walking towards the school doors. I haven't seen or talked to him since the council a few days ago.

Seeing him made me wish I didn't return to school because the sight before me made my heart clench. Although Drew and his friends were still the 'It' boys Drew was no longer smirking or acting arrogant his face was now blank of emotion, his eyes cold. I watch as Chloe looked over at him as he passed and tried to give him a smile. Not a flirty smile, a friendly smile. Drew didn't even spare her a glance. I wanted to cry at the feelings that were going through me. A part of me loved Drew more than anything. A part of me always will. He was my first love, my everything. His skin was as pale as ever now, it was about as pale as a vampires skin could get. His old smile was now replaced with a permanent looking frown. I felt like something was wrong. The spark I felt with Drew always felt so real. How could I believe a stranger so easily? Even though almost everything Auguste says matchs up something seems wrong .

I feel like i'm forgetting something. Like my brain refuses to let me remember one important detail. I know it was something about Auguste. But the question is, why can't I remember?