6.0| Stranger

Chapter Six
**********

Chloe pulled in the parking lot. We had distributed the girls to their homes first, leaving me for last. The purr of the engine stopped. A strand of red hair stuck to my cheek reminding me of the crazy night we had. Playing with the color of our hairs and scissors were not in my plan. But I can't complain.

"What will happen with Matt?" I questioned wondering what her boyfriend will think about her disappearance.

"We aren't dating any more, so don't worry about him. "

"What happened?"

"He was just trying me."

Anger started forming in me. In a way I was happy they were over but she was probably hurt.

"You okay?" I asked concerned.

"Turns out I was trying him out too," she laughed. I joined.

"What if he asks for you?"

" Tell him to f©ck off. "

I smiled at her statement rolling my shoulders comprehensively.

"Thank you for everything. And enjoy while you can," I offered with a chuckle.

"Trust me when I say I will try. "

I smiled and reached for my bag then the handle. "Please don't tell anybody about my absence okay?" she blurted out.

I turned back to her and shared a curt nod.

"Don't worry. Your secret is safe." I opened the door and stepped out.

Before I closed the door she added, "Be safe."

Goosebumps pricked all around in my body. I wasn't sure if she was saying that in a witch or friendly way.

I dragged my feet up to the porch and half turned to look at Chloe driving away. She waved gaining one from me back. I knew that after taking me home, she was leaving for her classes this afternoon. Not that they would start on a Saturday, I hope, but she needed to settle in.

"Diana!" Maya welcomed me home. Her hands moved along the side of her apron to clean the mess.

Oh, how this woman loves the kitchen.

"Good afternoon, Maya. I am heading up to take my bag and coming right back," I forced a smile and strolled towards the stairs.

The afternoon was filled with laughter, conversation and some bonding. She reminded me so much of Sophie that I gave away easily.

"I am craving ice cream. Some chocolate doughnuts and more ice cream," I said between laughs, from her previous joke.

She was good at it, that it made slap the counter many times, my knee and give me the urge to pee. It felt good to finally laugh, so hard that my eyes had tears in them. Every time I was near her, I got a good amount of happiness recharged.

"Okay. I have to use the bathroom." I wiped a tear from the corner of my eyes. She nodded while a smile played on her lips.