12.0| Assumptions

Chapter Twelve
**********

Devon was sitting on my recliner when my alarm started. Exactly the way I saw him the previous night when he explained to me what was happening.

His body covered the rays of the sun which were suppose to hit my face. It felt odd to wake up with the sight of him there. His perfect face, with no trace of eye bags or any disturbing feature on his profile sent my heart thumbing down the stairs. His scent claimed my nostrils first then his melodious voice my ears.

"Good morning, Ana. I was hoping you would fall asleep," he chuckled.

Early morning for his humor.

"Your hopes are dead Devon. What are you doing here?" I sat on bed and wiped anything out of order from my face.

My hair was a complete disaster and I didn't bothered messing with it.

"Aren't you glad I am here? My feelings are hurt," he faked hurt.

"Of course I am. I didn't thought you'd be here after you left me last night."

"Your dad heard you talking. Wouldn't want to get caught."

"Right," I grinned and recalled I had a trip to go to.

My time was a tight schedule. "I need to get ready," I informed him and started doing so.

After my bath, I was met with breakfast on my bed.

"Where did this come from?" I asked, surprised and baffled.

"Brought it. Irresponsible girl owns a tight schedule. Now hurry and eat. I can't let you go hiking with an empty stomach."

I stared at him amazed at his cooking knowledge. He is better than my dad, I thought.

"Thanks," I mumbled and took a bite of the waffles. My taste buds danced in satisfaction.

"By the way. I packed your bag." He lifted my backpack and settled it beside my food.

My eyes widened at the reminder of my dad home.

"Don't worry. Your dad is sleeping," he assured me after reading my expression.

Or hearing my thoughts.

"Thank you once more," I sighed.

He sat on my bed and rested his head on the headboard with his hands underneath. His ankle rested over the other. A breathtaking view. His white shirt hugged his well formed abs which caused nothing but drooling from my part.

He caught me staring and grinned. A smile that said he was satisfied with my reaction. I hurried getting ready and sat on my recliner when I realized I had minutes to spear.

"Do you need a ride?" He asked, still laying on my bed.

"That would help, if it's no bother. "

He chortled and sat straight. I was confused at it.

"You think after all this. After me being here early morning watching you sleep, the breakfast, stacking your bag with everything for the trip, it is trouble for me taking you for the bus? You got to be kidding me."

I shrugged not sure how to back fire that. He is right. "I thought after all this, it's too much."

He walked up to me and pulled his jacket hanging from the recliner.

"Oh Ana. How naive. Let's just go." He said walking out through my door, unafraid of getting caught.

After letting know Billy that I was going, I followed Devon down the stairs. He decided it was good to pick me up with his red rodeo; the same one he used to rescue me the other day. With the habitual rides on the motorcycle, I forgot he had this.