2| Bud Like You

Way up, way up
Way up to the moon
Boy it's good to know
I got a bud like you

AJR, Bud Like You

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Ethan's POV

"This is Ethan. He's one of the new students." Red says.

I wave and say, "Hi..."

"I'm Harper, and this is my boyfriend, Hunter," Harper says. Hunter smiles and waves.

"I'm Layla. She was right. You are cute." She says, winking at me.

I feel my cheeks flush, and I watch Layla glance at Red. "I'm kidding. But you are cute if I liked dick." She says with a chuckle.

"Cool..." I say awkwardly.

Red and I sit down and start to eat our lunches. I just want school to be over. But then you have to go to work. I'm actually looking forward to spending time with - I mean, getting paid.

"So, how's the first day of school going for you?" Harper asks.

"It's okay. I'm glad Red is with me, or else I would have been late and lost all day." I say, laughing.

"Any plans after school?" Hunter asks all of us.

"Work." Red and I say at the same time.
Layla smirks at Red and says, "Ow, what was that for?!"

Red innocently says, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I laugh at their weirdness and then hear the bell ring. I doubt working with Red will be that bad. You need to keep your shit together and follow her. Very simple. Also, please do not call her ugly because that was rude.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

The second my last class is over, I bolt to the parking lot. I carefully maneuver out of my space without honking at slow walkers.

30 minutes later, I finally got to the cafe. Ya, you totally didn't get lost or anything. Oh, shut up. I walk in and see Red already serving customers.

"You're late," Red says without looking up.

"Traffic...?" I say more like a question.

"Uh-huh. Funny, I got here 10 minutes ago, and you left the school before me." She says, finishing up the customer's order. "Here is your chocolate chip muffin and espresso."

"Thanks." The customer says, taking his order and exiting the cafe.

"Stalking me, Red?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"I saw you almost hit someone's car." She explains.

"You're overreacting. They just backed out without looking." I argue. Before I walk to Grandma Lina's office, I mumble, "I took a wrong turn and got lost."

I see Red try not to laugh, and I glare at her. Grandma Lina walks out of her office and kisses me on the forehead. "How was your first day of senior year?" She asks.

"Okay. I survived finding my classes and not being tardy." I say, smiling.

"He would have been lost without me," Red says. I roll my eyes at her, and she grins.