18| Netflix Trip

I turned down Jameson when I was twelve
I spent that Friday night with Steve Carrell
The one where Dwight became the head of Sales

AJR, Netflix Trip

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Scarlett's POV

My eyes flutter open, and I see the sun shining through my curtains. I grab my phone and see I got a text. It's also 12:04, sleepy ass. Hey, I get to sleep as long as possible since I'm on break! Too bad you go back to school in a few days.

Idiot ❤️🥰:

Good afternoon beautiful, can't wait for tonight
I better be your midnight kiss 😤

Sorry, I already promised my other boyfriend a midnight kiss

I smile at my response and get out of my bed. You know you're supposed to start cleaning the house now, right? The party is in like 7 hours. That's plenty of time!

How about you at least clean your desk and fold your clothes? No, I'm gonna eat first. I walk down the stairs and see my parents starting to clean and Jade watching tv.

"Scarlett, can you unload the dishwasher?" My mom asks. Well, good afternoon to you too.

"Sure..." I say, opening the dishwasher. After putting everything into the cabinets and drawers, I make some cereal.

I walk into the living room and see Jade watching Arthur. "What's up?" I ask her.

"I can't believe the year is almost over. I feel like time seems to speed up during the holidays." She says.

"Scarlett and Jade, I need you guys to start cleaning. Can you guys dust the shelves and tables?" My mom asks.

Jade starts to complain, and I lightly punch her arm. "Mom's gonna get mad at us if we don't follow her," I say.

30 minutes later, we finish dusting every surface in the house and run to our rooms so she doesn't tell us to clean anything else. Wow.

I walk into my bathroom and stare at my reflection. Wow, your hair is a mess. I roll my eyes at myself and redo my bun. Happy? Yes.

I slide my hands into my sweatshirt pocket and exit my bathroom. That's Ethan's sweatshirt. You should probably return it. But it smells like him. Ya, that's not creepy or anything.

I start to fold my laundry and watch YouTube until my mom tells me to do more chores. Good job for being productive! An hour later, someone knocks on my door, and I sigh. Back to cleaning. "Come in!" I say.

"Damn, you look better in my clothes than I do," Ethan says behind me.

I turn around and jump into his arms. "Hi!" I say excitedly.

He tightens his hold around my thighs and says, "I missed you."

"It's only been three days..." I say, laughing.

"I can miss my beautiful girlfriend even if I saw her an hour ago," Ethan says.

"Ew, no, I look like a mess," I say against his shoulder.

"I love it when you do that cute bun," Ethan murmurs against my neck.

"Babe, do not give me another hickey. The party is tonight, and I plan on putting my hair up." I say, moving my neck away from him.