~Epilogue~

Scarlett's POV
(Big time skip!)

"Oh god, what if I trip?" I say, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

"I'll probably laugh," Layla says.

Meg hits Layla and says, "You won't. You've been walking for 23ish years. Actually, I think you start walking at two, so like 22ish?" Wow, you're getting old.

"Come on. It's about to start!" My maid of honor, Jade says.

"Good luck!" Harper says, hugging me.

"You've got this," Meg says confidently.

"You ready, Scarlett?" Jade asks. Hell ya!

I slowly nod and start walking. "Do you think he'll say I do?" I ask.

"Scarlett, of course. Now chin up, you're getting married!" Jade says, clapping.

My dad links his arm through mine, and I see his eyes are watery. "Why are you crying?" I ask with a small smile.

"I'm just so emotional right now. I'm giving my daughter away." He says with a laugh.

"Awww, you know I still love you," I say, giving him a small hug.

"I love you too, Scarlett." He says.

When it's our turn to walk down the aisle, the doors open. I start walking forward, and my breath hitches when I see Ethan in his suit. I'M GOING TO CRY!

He has an adorable smile on, and I swear I see a tear slip from his eye. When we arrive at the alter, my dad places my hands in Ethan's and takes his seat.

My eyes start to water when I realize that this is really happening. You're going to marry Ethan! The priest begins the wedding ceremony.

When it's time for the vows, Ethan starts, "In your eyes, I have found my home. In your heart, I have found my love. In your soul, I have found my mate. With you, I am whole, complete, alive. You make me laugh. You let me cry. You are my breath, my every heartbeat. I pledge never to keep score, even if I'm totally winning. I pledge to always admire your huge, strong, kind, and determined heart. I pledge that I will love you. You know me better than anyone else, and somehow still, you manage to love me. You are my best friend and one true love. There is still a part of me today that can't believe I'm the one who gets to marry you." He slides the ring onto my finger, and I nervously smile. Don't mess up!

"I pledge to remain your companion and friend. I promise to be with you always, to care for you, and to love and cherish you no matter how far apart we may be. I will always show an interest in the things you do and your ideas. I will be with you in your heart and keep you safely in mine. When you are happy, I will be happy with you. When you are sad, I will make you smile. I will encourage you to continue growing as an individual as we work toward our mutual goals. I stand with you as your friend and wife and acknowledge that your choices are valid. I promise to give you love, honesty, trust, and commitment, and, in general, keep your life interesting as we grow old together."

I shakily slide the ring onto his finger, and I mouth, "I love you."

Before he can mouth it back, the priest asks, "Do you, Ethan Cooper take Scarlett Cook as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." He says, giving me a soft smile.

"And do you, Scarlett Cook take Ethan Cooper as your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," I say.

"Then, with the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." The priest says.

Ethan lifts my veil, and I lean in to kiss him. When we separate, everyone starts to clap and yell. "I love you, Mrs. Cooper," Ethan murmurs above my ear.

We then start walking down the aisle together. AHHHHHH, YOU'RE MARRIED NOW! We all head to where the wedding reception is held, and I look up at Ethan.

"Wait, um, I needed to give you something," I say before entering the room for the reception.

"More kisses?" He asks cheekily.

I grab a $20 bill from my pocket that I made sure was a part of my wedding dress and hand it to him. "Uh, you probably don't remember this, but-" I start to say, but then he chuckles.

"Of course, I remember. Do you think I would bet on something I'd lose? I knew I would marry you the first time I met you." He says.

"Really?" I ask, smiling.

He leans down and kisses me. "I love you, Red."

"I love you more," I say with a grin.

<~~~~~~~~~~>

Here's where I got the vows from!
https://www.minted.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-vows/for-her
https://www.minted.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-vows/for-him

I hope you liked this book as much as I liked writing it! 😊

Thank you so much for reading, voting, or commenting! ❤️

You should follow me if you want to read my other books! 😜

I hope you'll read the sequel! 🙏

It's about Piper, their oldest daughter!

(But it's also a stand-alone)

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋