11| Livin' on Love

Let's toast the ones who got away
Three cheers for what we didn't say
Well, if it matters
Here's some flowers
'Cause we're livin' on love

AJR, Livin' on Love

♡ ────── ♡ ────── ♡

Scarlett's POV

I'm getting ready for my date, and I feel giddy just thinking about him. I hear a knock outside my room and open it. "What's up?" I ask, smiling.

"It sounds like you're happy. Are you okay?" Jade asks jokingly.

"I have a date with Ethan!" I say.

She starts to scream, and we both begin to jump around. "Finally! You guys are like made for each other." Jade says.

"When is he picking you up?" She asks.

"In like 20 minutes..." I say, looking at the clock.

"Well, I better leave you to get ready then!" She says, leaving my room.

Outfit:

Oh god, am I trying too hard? Why because of the skirt? Ya

Oh god, am I trying too hard? Why because of the skirt? Ya. Should I just wear jeans? I don't know. Is the beanie extra? I thought it looked nice with the outfit, but maybe it looked ugly. I think it's fine.

Does my hair look bad? I made it look wavy, but what if it's just plain hideous? I look at my clock and see I only have five minutes until 7:00. You've been overthinking your outfit for 10 minutes.

I sigh and just put some lip gloss on. I grab my phone and head downstairs. You got this, Scarlett. You'll have a fun date with Ethan, and you guys will go on many more dates. Really?

Or he asks to be just friends, and you never go on another date with him. Oh! Okay. Thanks for the shitty pep talk. Anytime!

The doorbell rings, and my eyes widen. Well, he arrived at your house, so that means he's not ditching, right?

I open the door and see Ethan with a nervous expression. When he looks up, his whole face breaks into a smile, and my heart stops.

"Hey, Red." He says softly.

"Hi," I say, smiling at him.

He leans in to kiss me but then pulls my beanie down to cover my eyes. Asshole. "H-" I'm about to say when he crashes his lips against mine. Never mind, I'm fine with this.

He cups my chin, and I smile against his lip.

I pout and murmur, "I knew the beanie was extra..."

I'm about to take off the beanie when he says, "No! I love the beanie. You look cute."