twenty three

Kit tightened his arms around his boyfriend as the door slammed shut, his blood boiling in anger. "It's okay, Quinn." He whispered, brushing the boy's sandy locks from his tear stained face. "It's fine. He doesn't hate you, he hates me. It's okay."

That only made Quinn cling on tighter, burying his face into Kit's shoulder. "I-I don't want him to hate you." He sniffled, his voice muffled and choked with tears.

Kit pulled away, forcing Quinn to look at him through teary eyes, "Everything's gonna be fine, okay? He's your best friend, he cares about you. He's not gonna let you go for something like this, I promise."

"P-Promise?" He whispered hopefully.

Kit rolled his eyes, "I don't wanna make this into a cheesy scene from a movie, but yeah. I promise." He planted a short kiss on top of Quinn's head and pulled him back into his chest.

Benji ran after Diesel, calling his name desperately. "Elias, don't do this!" He pleaded as Diesel stormed into the nearest empty classroom. Benji hesitantly followed him, wary that he was willingly choosing to be alone with the deadliest boy in school. "He's your friend." Benji protested.

Diesel grabbed a pile of textbooks and hurled them across the room, hitting the whiteboard with a defeating bang. Benji ducked, his eyes wide with fear. "Get out of here, Pup." He ordered darkly, his eyes trained on his Dr Martens, breathing heavily.

"No." Benji refused stubbornly. "I won't let you do this! Starr is your best friend!"

"You think I care that he's gay?" He growled. "I'm protecting him! Samuels can't have him, he's not allowed!"

"Starr wants to be with him! That's his choice and all you can do is support it unless you want to lose him forever."

Diesel's fists clenched at his sides. "What if he hurts him?" His voice was softer, almost afraid.

"Then you can beat the shit out of him." Benji replied just as calmly. "But that's not gonna happen. Kit's a good guy. He protected me - he protected me from you. He won't hurt him."

Diesel nodded, finally bringing his eyes to Benji's, exhaling heavily as his anger fizzled out. "I wouldn't hurt you." He whispered.

Benji gulped, his cheeks heating up at his words, "I know." He whispered back.

Diesel strode forward and cupped Benji's cheeks in his hands, forcing him to look directly into his sharp mismatched eyes, "Good. Because you need to know that I won't hurt you."

"I know, Elias." Benji assured him, his heart pounding harder than ever as he subconsciously stepped forward, their bodies practically pressed against each other's. "E-Eli-?"

His words were cut off when Diesel leant down and captured his lips, kissing him with everything he had.

Benji was frozen, his eyes wide, his face scolding hot from embarrassment as Diesel's hands clung onto his slim waist, tugging him closer. Benji hesitantly raised his hand and rested it on Diesel's cold cheek, cautiously leaning into the kiss, his eyes finally falling shut. He found it hard to admit to himself, but he was actually enjoying the sensation. He felt warm, happy, tingly, and most importantly, secure. Because Elias Black made him feel safe.

Diesel was reserved when he kissed Benji - he didn't want to frighten him. But the second his Pup stood on his tiptoes for better access and began to kiss him back, he let his wild side break through. He nudged Benji away until his back hit the wall, parting their two bodies. He only caught a glimpse of the Pup's anxious expression before he swooped down and began to attack him with a viscously hungry kiss.