Chapter 20 - A Real Date [Frey Sanders]

Tuesday, midday

     Frey was pretty nervous about his date with Jenna, and he had been fiddly all day already. He was being clumsy—shy even—whenever Jenna sent him a text, and he was really scared she wasn't going to like his idea for their date.

What if he gave the wrong impression. Or worse, what if she was bored and would laugh about it with Lacy, Michelle and maybe even Daniel?

He hadn't thought things over well enough.

Asking her out had already been a huge leap into the unknown, and then he was stupid enough to plan the date three days later.

Why couldn't he have suggested next week? Why did it have to be this week? What if she thought he was too eager to go out with her?

He liked how girls always thought of him as confident.

And now he was shy, giddy and clumsy because of a girl he had just met?

Well, they met months ago. But they hadn't really exchanged much words, and when they did, it was because Lacy and Daniel had been there, and Frey was working with them, or bothering them while they were working.

He never had a one-on-one conversation with her before last week, when she decided to save him from being humiliated.

So, he had brainstormed endlessly with Arun and Hendrik on Monday and decided on a date late last night.

He was going to take Jenna to a pub quiz. They would just be with the two of them in a team, but since teams were only allowed a max of four players—and considering Jenna's intelligence—Frey assumed they would be fine.

And if they would totally suck and lose badly, they would probably still have a great laugh anyway.

So, why would he be nervous?

Why was he nervous?

He had taken girls out on dates numerous of times before. So, what if this particular date was a tad bit different from them, simply because he didn't just want to sleep with Jenna? He wanted to get to know her and show his best sides to her.

Besides, he had seen her nearly every day since last week and spent a lot of time one-on-one with her too.

They never were bored or had nothing to talk about.

Jenna was outgoing and fun to be around, and he liked her enough to try and be his outgoing and cheerful self too—solely to let her have a great night.

And because he wanted to make a good impression.

This was not about sex.

He knew Jenna was wondering about his intentions—she had voiced her worries via text that morning—and the fact she was aware he had kissed Daniel the week before.

He never intended to get caught in some sort of love triangle, whereas the people he liked also happened to be best friends who shared practically everything.

Frey knew Daniel and Jenna had numerous conversations about whatever Daniel did with Mitchel—and those things weren't exactly PG-13.

But he shouldn't be thinking about Daniel that day. It had to be all about Jenna and making her feel special. Different from any girl he had ever met before in his life. The fact he actually needed the date to be great, caused his nervous to get worse.

This meant a big deal to him too.

Luckily, he managed to push aside the nervous feelings as soon as he started focusing on getting ready in time. He had gone over to his mother's house right after Julia had told him their mother went out to work to grab more decent clothes—he really needed to tell his father to start doing laundry more than once a week—and then went back to take a shower and get ready.