Epilogue - Jenna Lark

Friday, late evening, one month later

     Thank god not a lot of people knew Samuel was her brother, for he had again made a fool out of himself by challenging Frey into a drinking contest.

How stupid could one be; challenging the son of the owner? The boyfriend of the bartender for god's sake.

Obviously, Daniel was more than happy to help Frey cheat—again—by giving him water.

Samuel was just too dumb to realise Frey hadn't been drinking in weeks, and he wasn't going to start again just for Samuel.

He just accepted the challenge to make a fool out of Samuel, and Jenna felt embarrassed on his behalf. But only to the few people inside the club that knew Samuel was her brother, like Lacy.

"He's really an idiot." She laughed when Samuel had ran towards the bathroom, and Frey pumped his fist in the air in victory.

People laughed, clapped and cheered, before they went back to their usual business. They danced to the top 100 songs people had picked for the night; Christmas Eve. They drank together with their friends and had a fun night.

Lacy was accompanied by Tobias, Michelle was dancing with Arun, and Frey kept helping Daniel and his co-workers behind the bar.

She tried to not watch at Frey too much. It wasn't so much she was still in love with him. She did like him, and she probably would for a while to come. She saw how happy he made Daniel, and that made her happy too.

Daniel had forgiven her to some degree, but their friendship was still a bit wobbly. Frey did forgive her fully, but they hadn't been as close as she was with Daniel before she backstabbed him and tried to sabotage him.

She felt relieved when Daniel had invited her to come over for Christmas, since it was a sign that things where going in the right direction.

But Jenna had declined, because she already had plans.

"What are you thinking about?" Jordy asked her curiously, putting an arm around her shoulders.

"Frey, Daniel..." Jenna admitted honestly.

"What? You think about other guys while I take care of your brother?"

Jenna laughed and nudged an elbow between his ribs. "You're in my mind most of the time, Jordy."

"Good." He laughed, pulling her in for a quick kiss.

They weren't officially together yet, which had everything to do with Jenna still not fully trusting most guys. But they had gone on a couple of dates in the past two weeks, and it felt good. It felt safe.

She just wasn't head over heals with him like she had been with Frey.

It took time to get over a boy and be open to the romantic gestures from another guy, but she was getting there.

In the mean time, she just took it day by day, and enjoyed her time with her friends, or Jordy whenever he took her out for a drink, a dance, or just to hang out outside.

Her father didn't mind Jordy dating her, since he already knew Jordy for a long time. He had just given the boy a firm warning not to hurt his daughter, and it had left enough of an impression for Jordy to be patient and not try to rush things.

"Do you think we'll have to get Sam home right away?" She asked Jordy, who had just checked in with Samuel in the bathroom.

"Frey assured me he'll take him to a calm room and let him stay there for a while, with water instead of alcoholic drinks."

"That's very kind of Frey." Jenna smiled. "And it means we can stay for a little longer."

"Exactly. So, another drink?"

"Yeah, Frey said he had a wine I had to try because he thinks I'll like it. Just tell him it's for me."

"Will do." Jordy smiled, pecked a kiss on her cheek and left to get drinks.

She walked towards Michelle, Arun, Lacy and Tobias, and smiled simply because things were good.

Michelle was happy with Arun as her boyfriend, and he admired her to a degree that it was sweet. He respected her in a way Jenna wanted to be respected by her future boyfriend, whether it be Jordy or not.

She learned one thing, and that was that she too deserved someone that would treat her right, and with respect.

And not someone like Robby, who mentally abused her for months. Who had hurt her physically.

Someone like Arun, or Frey, who both turned out to be amazing boyfriends. And she would've never guessed Frey had this side to him.

But she guessed people could always have another side to them, as long as you were willing to get to know them enough.

She knew for sure she was never going to judge people again before knowing enough to judge about. And that was a valuable lesson she had learned, all thanks to Frey Sanders.

Words: +/- 831

>>> Seriously, vote & comment guys

>>> Seriously, vote & comment guys. <<<

I'm not joking.

>>> Every vote would make the author of this book feel very loved and appreciated <<