39 My Everything

•Ryder's POV•

"Because you aren't who I fell in love with." I say. I see the pain come alive in her eyes and it's like a knife to the heart. Bullet to the head. Then I see anger and determination fill her eyes.

        "I'm not who you fell in love with?!" Delilah demands, furious and hurt.

          "You're not the same sweet girl that has my heart."

        "Oh so you're saying that you preferred me weak and broken, right? You don't like me like this because I don't need you. That I can control my hormones. That you aren't in control anymore. Am I wrong?"

        "No, you are." I tell her.

         "Oh really?"

"Look, I feel in love with the sweet Delilah who was scared but still brave enough to face her fears. She didn't let anyone walk over her but she still was sweet. She wasn't rude unless someone was rude to her or unless someone, especially a girl talked to me." I explain, smiling as I think of all the times Delilah got mad at a girl hitting on me.

"A-are you saying that you don't l-love me now?" Delilah asks, her voice breaking a little bit.

"I'm sorry. But that doesn't mean that I won't love you, it just means that you aren't who I originally loved."

        "You're so stupid!"

         "How so?"

         "Because even though this is part of me, it's not me. I still have my old personality. It's still there, just buried. I've been hiding it so I don't feel hurt. I use this as a shell, a wall to protect my heart, soul and mind."

         "Prove it." I tell her.

          "Sooner or later I will. When I do, you might of missed your opportunity." Delilah says and she walks away from me.

           "Angel..." I start.

          "You don't get to call me angel after you just claimed that I'm not who you fell in love with!" She yells at me.

         "I still love you just not all of you like I did before." I explain. God! That sounds so bad!

        "Well you know what?! Goodbye! Maybe the next time you see me I'll be at your standards!" Delilah yells as she turns away from me dramatically and walks away.

"Delilah, if you think I'm going to let you walk away after that, you are dead wrong." I tell her as I grab her wrist and pull her to me.

"You told me you don't love me anymore! What more is there to say?!"

"We can go out. We can hang out, maybe I'll fall for who you are now."

"Why? Find someone who you love, not who you are trying to love. You can't learn to love somebody. It's either there or it's not. You can learn to like them but you don't love them. Plus if you really loved them, you'd still love them after that they changed a little." Delilah explains.

"But I love you."

"You are confusing me Ryder. You just said that you didn't love who I am now, but you say that you love me? How the hell does that make sense?!"

"I-I love you it's just...I miss the old you."

"Maybe she'll come back, maybe not. I don't know what to tell you."