KDCAMPBELL

KD recently married the king of a powerful nation

KD recently married the king of a powerful nation. She has a fascination with looking in mirrors, her favourite being the one that speaks to her telling her how pretty she is. The problem is that it recently told her that her new husband has a daughter who is not only fairer than her, but kinda stands in the way of her plan for world domination. Don't worry, she has a few ideas on how to fix it. She recently sent a rather burly looking Huntsman (Chris Hemsworth, is that you?) to bring back her heart.

Oh wait, hold on, that's the Evil Queen from Snow White. Let me try again.

KD lives at the bottom of the sea, collecting the voices of pretty little mermaids...

Oops. Okay, okay. For real this time.

KD CAMPBELL loves disney villains, fairy tale retellings, and travelling to far off places through words. When she is not writing or reading, she is playing otome games and watching movies. KD devotes most of her free time to writing as it is something she is serious about as a career--but in between she does manage to work a full-time job as a supervisor at a rather well known clothing store where she is attacked by hordes of retail shopping zombies regularly. KD lives with her long term boyfriend, who is basically her spouse at this point, and he claims to have inspired the love interests in her books...(she won't tell him if you won't). She is from Canada, loves dogs and animals (her family has two dogs, a basset and a pointer and they are her children), and KD loves Starbucks more than her wallet does.

As a writer, KD has been writing for several years (it all started with some rather embarrassing Harry Potter fanfiction when she was 10, let's not get into that). In that time she has been featured by Wattpad multiple times, and in 2017 her story PLANET APHRODITE was shortlisted by the Wattys. It was later picked up by the digital publisher Tapas.io, where it can be purchased online. KD has worked extensively with other writers on beta reading and critiquing their manuscripts, as well as doing a fair share of editing herself. She is good at digging down into the details and finding places to really let the prose shine. She has completed several books, and won NaNoWriMo both times she entered, and will cheer you on through edits and rewrites. Earlier this year KD took on the task of entering Pitch Wars, so she knows what it is like to be in the mentee hopeful position. She didn't end up entering due to taking on extensive rewrites, but she knows what it is like to put yourself out there beyond Wattpad, and hopes to share the wealth of experience she had gained with her future mentee.

KD's stories include anything from ancient alien witches to blood thirsty fae. She loves writing strong girls that embrace their emotions and femininity, and creating diverse worlds that reflect the one she lives in. She especially loves taking old tales and stories, and retelling them with a twist.

A few of her favourite reads this year:

THE BELLES

THE CRUEL PRINCE

THE QUEEN'S RISING

DEFY THE STARS

HONOR AMONG THIEVES

FOREST OF A THOUSAND LANTERNS

FURYBORN

ASH PRINCESS

SKY IN THE DEEP

Lastly, KD is a penname that combines the names of both her late mother and late aunt, two people that mean a lot to her and her writing journey.

Can be found at KDCampbell