Choices

Jayla was sat with Nate and Natalie in the doctors waiting room, waiting to be seen, they were called in and Natalie wanted to wait in the waiting room.

Jayla and Nate sat down, the doctor looked at Jayla and asked if he could examine her and give her a scan.

Jayla laid on the bed and the doctor examined her and said everything is fine, he gave her scan and said she was spot on with her dates, he said he wanted to see her in four week's time to give her another scan.

Nate looked worried,

"Nate, that's when I'm meant to have a scan, and we can find out what sex the baby is. Nate come and have a look?".

Nate walked over and could see the monitor with an image on it and held Jayla's hand.

"Oh my god, that's our baby?".

"Yes, it is". Nate kissed Jayla,

"This is what I missed with Natalie?".

"Yes Nate, and I'm sorry, you missed it".

"Well I'm here now, and I know that was my fault".

He kissed Jayla and helped her of the bed.

Jayla sat back in the chair, the doctor looks at Jayla and says,

"Are you feeling more tired than your first pregnancy?".

"Yes, I am, I sleep more than I should too".

"You need Iron Tablets".

"I had to take them in my last three months of pregnancy with Natalie".

"Well you need to start taking them now, because you're Anaemic".

Nate looks confused and worried.

They walk out to the waiting area to get Natalie and they walk back to the limo, and back to the penthouse.

Jayla goes and lies down and falls asleep.

Nate does some work on his laptop and gets hold of an estate agency to look at houses.

"What, type of house do you want, dad?".

"Something that your mother would love and a place for you and your sibling to grow up too".

"You do know, Mum loves the Manor, she likes the open space, and the privacy".

"Well that could narrow down a few places, but we need greenery, because I remember the Manor having a lot of green open land".

"So, you have visited the Manor?".

"Yes, and I was so ashamed, that I kept your mother cooped up in this penthouse, she never told me she lived in such a beautiful house. Your mother escorted me to my first, office party, I had only took the business on two weeks before. But your mother was a natural, she knew what she was doing, and I really didn't, I only wanted your mother their because our marriage was front page news for the papers and the magazines..... I thought she was more of a trophy, but I was so wrong, and that was the night I started to fall in love with your mother. And then she had the worst phone call ever, she found out her father had died...... I was so stupid and heartless, I really should have taken your mother home, but I didn't. I had only been out of the Army about three weeks so I should have Known, but I put myself first and then my assistant".

Natalie looks at him and says,

"The whore, as Mum puts it, did you know Mum left because she was hurt over my grandfather, that was the last of her family. And when you asked mum to go on that trip, and your assistant was there, she was ready to come home, she felt second best, and used, but she said to me that she loved you so much, she hoped that was enough but it wasn't.... She seen you out walking with her when she sat in a cafe, and that's when she signed the divorce papers, she was fed up of the hurt and she tried to fight for your affection, but she said she lost it, she went home and joined the Army which she wanted to do when she was sixteen".