24

Vote and Comment:-)

Thanks for reading... You may continue...

24
Rebecca's pov

     My mom told me that the only way to a man's heart was through his stomach... Was that how she put it? I don't know, all I know is that I felt proud at the delicious dishes lined up in front of me.

Leaving Emeliano's study, I couldn't stop thinking of ways to make him answer more questions, so I thought of food, it's not like I wanted to win his heart or anything? It's just that- he looked so tired and worn out and I really needed him to answer some of my questions... So food was my only option.

There's a zero possibility that this would work, but it's worth the try, right?

If I would have thought that being civilized would get me answers to some of my questions? I would have done that a long time ago.

  Emeliano might be hard on the outside, but I was quite sure he was different from how he puts himself to be... He was better and more nicer. My family must have done something to make him cautious about everything around him. They changed him so much that he turned into whatever he thought he wanted me to see.

I don't think I'll ever get bothered by Emeliano's harsh words or actions, because I know that he doesn't really mean anything he says. He would just say awful things to make me angry and scared of him...

But that was before, when I was still new to his cold hard stone behavior. Now, I'm bolder and ready to do whatever it takes to unravel whatever mystery is behind all these unanswered questions.

If he could gather the courage to apologize to me for asking me to strip naked in front of him, then I guess there was still a little heart beating in his well defined chest.

  "This looks amazing Becca, but I doubt Sir Emeliano would have anything from this table." Greta said.

"Why? It's food, nobody rejects food."

"If the sir doesn't like you, then he won't like your food." Pablo chipped in, dropping the last wine on the table. "But don't worry, we're here to enjoy these delicious delicacies."

"Thanks Pablo... I really love cooking... You should come visit my restaurant in New York, it is like the best."

"Really?" Greta asked.

"Yeah, I always get praises from my customers and it is always busy... If you want to cook for different people? Then I think it should be made out of love... I mean, what is a meal without love?"

"So, you're in love with the sir?" Pablo asked.

My eyes widened. "What? No... I'm not... I have a boyfriend... And trust me, even if I was given a billion dollars to fall in love with Emeliano, I'll gladly reject it."

"I'm worth more than a billion dollars, thanks for the compliment." Emeliano's voice filled the atmosphere with thick tension as Greta and Pablo scrambled their way out of the dinning room.

I turned to his direction to see him leaning on the doorway like he couldn't stand properly on his own, his hair looked worse than before and he had obvious dark circles around his eyes... His suit was unbuttoned and there was no tie in sight, his inner white shirt had two buttons left undone, making him look like a model... A drunk model.