~15~

~15~

Rebecca's pov

"Marcos?"

I called out his name, recognizing him right away, and recalling the aftermath from the last time I talked to him.

Yeah! I had to freaking go almost naked on him, wait- I went totally naked and it wasn't a good feeling, I wonder what he was going to do to me when he finds out that I talked to Marcos again.

"W-what are you doing here? Emeliano wouldn't like your presence, remember the last time you came-" I was telling him as he took a few steps towards me, just stopping three feet away as he absentmindedly played with a flower.

"Are you scared of him?" He asked me.

"No, I'm not scared of him... I'm scared of what he can do." I voiced out.

Marcos chuckled. "Don't worry, I won't stay for long and I won't tell if you don't." He smiled slyly.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

He raked his hands through his hair and sighed. "I came to see how you're doing- I mean, the last time we talked, it didn't end well... Are you fine now?"

Am I fine? Hell no. "I'm not, and I won't ever be fine until I leave this fudging mansion."

"Well, you can come with me, only if you want to."

I smiled. "I'd better not. I'm not ready to die early."

He chuckled before his expression turned serious again. "Is he hurting you, in any way? If he is, you can tell me- I'll free you from him... Trust me."

"No he's not- y-you don't have to worry, I'll be out of here in eleven days time, even though it sounds like forever." I bit my lower lip, looking away.

How could I tell Marcos anything? If Emeliano finds out that I spilled, he could kill my sister, or my Dad- even my innocent mom... I can't let that happen.

"Are you sure? You don't have to be scared of him-"

"I'm fine Marcos, I'm not scared of him, I can handle him." I said.

He gave me a look before he nodded, my eyes caught a sparkling object on his finger, wait, is that a ring?

"That's a beautiful ring, almost looks like you're married." I said, staring straight at the ring.

He looked down at his finger. "Yeah- actually, I am."

"Excuse me?" I chuckled.

"Is it hard to believe... I got married four days ago." He said.

"Wait, how come I didn't see the ring on your finger then? I mean, the last time you came-"

"I wore it, you just didn't notice it." He smiled.

Wow, He's married? How come Emeliano didn't mention this? What am I talking about? Emeliano and I aren't exactly conversation buddies.

"Wow, does Emeliano know?"

"I don't think so, the marriage was a closed one, only few people were aware- little to no press and my mom."

"Oh- congratulations, I guess. I'd really love to meet your wife, but uh- I think it would be impossible." I said.

"Oh, Don't worry about that, you'll meet her soon enough... The both of you are alike in numerous ways."

I chuckled. "Really?"

"Yeah- you'll be surprised."

"This is making me more eager to meet her. Anyway, we can't always get what we want. But, if you don't mind me asking, why aren't you and Emeliano on good terms, you're brothers."

"Half-Brothers." He corrected me.

"Same difference."

"We may be related by blood but, we can never bond, Emeliano and I have too many issues between us, this feud has been going on since our father was alive. We just can't be brothers."

"What issues?"

"For one, Emeliano hates my mother, he believes that we took everything from his mom and him... He thinks that my mom killed our dad, which I still wonder why till date. But, he has issues and I think he's just looking for someone to hate- and I happened to be close by."

If there's one thing I learnt from interrogation, it is the fact that you can't judge a case by one person's point of view.

"Where's your mom now?" I asked him.

"Orlando, but she stays with her new husband in Iowa, she came for the wedding, but she'll be gone soon enough." He said.

"So, you and Emeliano are at odds because of your parents' mistake?"

"That- and so many other things that I think you shouldn't know for now."

"Why?"

"We don't want Emeliano to get angry, do we?"

I sighed.

"I've told you enough already, I didn't even plan on telling you anything... Your face is really compelling."

I smiled at his comment. "Haha... Yeah my face is compelling." Sarcasm.

"No really... Anytime I look at you, I see my wife- not that you have exactly the same face, but- there's this, resemblance... Something about your eyes."

He looked really serious. "Okay, so now I have a look alike?"

"No, just your eyes, I don't know- you both are just, so similar."

"Now I really want to meet this wife of yours."

"You will, very soon."

Yeah, I want to see her and I want to know why you and Emeliano hate each other so much.

__

Vote and Comment!

Thanks for reading!
Follow my Instagram to connect with me, or follow my page here on Wattpad.

IG username: therebeccayouknow