Chapter 20

Please read first;

I know, it has been over a month since I've last updated this story and I'm really sorry for that! School  has been busy and that takes in a lot of time. And especially because I will go to London with school next month.

But I really want to thank you all for the reads, comments and votes. I know, this story is not perfect and it never will be perfect. I will change it soon I hope.
Thank you for the 75k reads! I never thought I would ever get this much reads.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Juno never lost hope. She knew someone was going free her. She just didn't know when. Juno was exhausted.  Mentally and physically. Her wrists were red and pained by the ropes that held her. She had no feeling in her legs because of the uncomfortable way she was forced to sit in the wooden chair.

Juno had this weird gut feeling and she didn't know why. Maybe she was getting saved today.

She suddenly heard a loud bang from upstairs. Juno hoped that it would be the door that would have been knocked open by someone.

"Iowa police! Hands in the air!" A female voice said. Juno heard a lot of loud footsteps and some of them were near the door that would lead to her. She was praying for the police to find her.

And her prayers were heard. Someone kicked the old door open with a lot of force and a few people came downstairs.

A woman was by her side when she saw Juno. Immediately cutting the ropes with a small pocket knife she had.

"Ma'am, are you alright?" The woman softly asked while helping Juno stand up with her support.

"I'm okay, I'm okay." Juno silently whispered.

"We need an ambulance over here!" Another police offficer, a man, said. The female officer carefully helped Juno up the stair and then took her outside.

"What is your name?" The woman asked after lettingJuno sit down on the porch of the old building.

"Juno burktheart." She replied instantly.
"Well Juno, my name is Eirene. We will bring you to a hospital as soon as the ambulance is here. I will come with you if that is okay with you?" Juno only nodded. "Great, is there someone I can call to inform them we have found you?" Juno quickly nodded and said Riker's name.
"Riker? Do you know his number?"
Juno gave her his number and Eirene decided to call him immediately.
She pressed the call button and put her phone against her ear. He picked up after the second ring.

"Hello?" He sounded very tired and stressed.

"Is this Riker?" Eirene asked just to be sure.

"Depends, who is asking?" He replied.

"My name is Eirene. I work as a police officer for the Iowa police. We have a case at the moment and it might concern someone you know. Do you know a woman named Juno Burktheart?" Riker suddenly became more interested in conversation.

"Yes, I know her. Is she alright?"

"Yeah, she is. We are going to take her to a hospital just to be dure she is alright. I think she would like it if you would came and pick her up." She gave Riker the adress of the hospital and then hung up. The ambulance had arrives a few minutes ago and they were helping Juno to get in the back of it.
Eirene stepped also in the ambulance with Juno to accompany her to the hospital.

A few hours later and a doctor did all the tests he needed to do. Riker was allowed into her room after that. He went straight for her and hugged her as long as he could.

"You had me worried for a second, Juno.  I'm sorry I couldn't find you earlier." He whispered, his voice muffled by Juno's shoulder.

Oh God, this chapter is really bad. I'm soooooo sorry for this. And it is also to short for my liking