|11|

The couple sat together at one of the back tables; Adam wore a bright smile, glad to be out with his mate. Leora too wore a smile, though hers was a little more forced; her fingers played with the hem of her dress nervously.

A waiter came over with two menus, though seeing Leora was unsure whether to give both of them a menu.

"Menus." The waiter announced, handing Adam one then turning to Leora. The boy's voice trailed off both embarrassed and uncertain. "Apologies Luna, we don't have braille menus..."

"It's okay." Leora laughed gently, hiding her discomfort well. She didn't want to make the situation any worse for her or the boy, so she had become adjusted and decided to lighten the mood with a joke. "I don't suppose you have many werewolves with bad vision, far- less blind ones."

Even Max, Crystal's mate, who she had learnt much about, wasn't visually impaired in the same way she was, he could still make out shapes and shadows. In fact, his eyes were in the process of healing thanks to the regenerative abilities werewolves possessed; so technically he was only temporarily blind.

She guessed it was probably really strange for these wolves to have a blind human in their pack. For her, she had been around sighted people around her entire life- sure they were wolves- but she was still the odd one out.

The boy nodded uncomfortably, before realising that his Luna couldn't see the action. He walked away for a short moment leaving the two alone for a few moments. Leora heard his quiet footsteps as he retreated, and blew out a quiet sigh. Either in relief or tiredness, she wasn't entirely sure but she was glad to be alone with Adam.

Leora ran her hand against the soft tablecloth, her fingers running over the bottom of her empty wine glass. Adam reached over placing his hand over hers, his thumb grazing her knuckles gently.

"Red or White my soul?" Adam asked as the waiter came back over.

"White," Leora smiled. She had never been a wine enthusiast but she knew that she did not like red wine; it was much too pungent for her taste.

"A Chardonnay if you please." Adam nodded to the waiter; he walked away to complete the request. Adam turned back to Leora, casting a gaze back to the menu carefully. "What would you like?"

Adam read from the menu, Leora sitting quietly in thought as she listened to Adam's voice. She had already made up her mind, yet still she asked Adam to repeat a few of the dishes just to hear the sound of his voice. Just the sound of his voice could send tingles across her skin, she could listen to him all day.

"Mushroom risotto," She smiled after a feigned moment of thought.

"Of course, my soul, anything for you." He squeezed her hand affectionately. He cast his eyes back to the menu in front of him, pausing to consider his options; he already knew what he wanted but his mind halted as he thought of the last time he had been there. It had been when his parents were still alive, and things seemed to be getting better for them. It had been a while since he had thought of them like that, his parents were always a bittersweet pill.

Leora, sensing Adam's sudden hesitancy turned his palm in hers, playing with his fingers softly. "Are you okay?"

She was focused on him, worried about him; it was endearing. He brought her fingers to his lips, kissing her knuckles softly; the action startled the woman she almost pulled away, in fact she did- just a fraction of an inch, but as soon as Adam felt her pull away he held onto her with a firmer grip.

"Yes, I'm fine." Adam assured his mate, gesturing for the waiter who returned dutifully with a chilled bottle of white wine.

Adam poured the wine, and ordered for them both; he had decided on the chicken ravioli, though it was mostly because it was the first thing that came out of his mouth in his silent desire to get the waiter to leave faster.