🌺 part four ; london air 🌺

hayley's pov ; central london, 12:54pm

navigating the streets of london is no easy task - especially when you come from a small town in the highlands where there's only one main street to navigate and, with less than a hundred residents, it's practically impossible to get lost.

london is nothing like this. concrete roads are blurred with motion and are a source of incessant noise second only to the packed crowd of wide-eyed tourists, frantic commuters and remote residents. hipster cafés and shops have a constant stream of people going in and out, in and out. glass skyscrapers dominate the heavens. flats are everywhere. no houses or cottages in sight - the exact opposite from the homey cottages of the highlands.

despite the hecticity, there's something about london that leaves me feeling so incredible: whether it's the lingering scent of car fumes and strawberry-watermelon vapes or the clicks of heels on concrete or the expensive cars rolling past, i don't know. but there's something there that makes me know i've made the right choice. i'll be happy here in the city.

i halt outside a towering block of flats and pull a note out of my pocket. yep, this is the address alex gave me. i open the doors, step inside the gleaming steel lift and press the button for floor 13. bet they have a gorgeous view of the city up there. a balcony too.

the lift doesn't start for a good ten seconds and i groan in frustration, thinking it's broken - before it lurches upwards with a start and throws me off my feet. fucking hell, this thing is fast. if it was a glass elevator i would've been sick by now. it only takes fifteen seconds to go up thirteen floors. 

"Welcome to... Floor Thirteen," the lift announces in a robotic voice, the doors gliding open. i dust myself off from the fall and step outside.

i check the note again. alex said he lives in room 6. taking in the white walls and marble floors around me, i count the polished wooden doors as i go past them.

room one, room two, room three, room four...

here it is - room 6. my nerves have been building as i've walked along the corridor, and now my heart is thrashing against my ribcage. i take a deep breath to steady myself and ring the doorbell.

the door is answered almost instantly.

"Hey! Are you Hayley?"

aHHHHHHHH CLIFFHANGER BITCHES

i have to restrain from doing proper punctuation so hard

i finally gave in and decided to do it in speech

sometimes

i literally cannot help myself