Be Cautious

Dipper POV:

"Bill! Bill! Bill!" I said while racing up to him.

Well, you look happy Pinetree! He said while smirking and flicking my hat.

"Bill! You won't believe what happened today!!!!" He smiled and a chair appeared. He sat down and patted his lap, signaling for me to sit down.

I told him about Mabel getting a boyfriend the other day and how she went on a date but wasn't coming back. I told him how I was sent to find her and how I rescued her from gnomes and how she finally started to accept me.

I was breathless at the end and looked to Bill. "So, what do you think?"

I'm super happy for you Pinetree, but just remember that people don't change so easily.

"What do you mean?"

Don't get me wrong Pinetree, I'm just trying to look out for you. Just be careful getting to know your sister. When you come back I want every detail of that day. I want to make sure no one hurts my Pinetree.

I smiled at him and hugged him around the neck. "Thank you Bill, you really do care for me." I punctuated my statement with a kiss on the cheek.

I looked at Bill and what I just did hit me and my face heated up fast. Bill's face was super red as well.

P-Pinetree, I-I don't know what to say.

I looked down blushing hard. "I-I'm sorry B-Bill. I don't know what came over m-me."

I looked up to him and before I could think, he leaned in and gently placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

Remember Pinetree, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!

And just like that, I woke up to my alarm clock. I gently placed my fingers to my lips and blushed. "Uh Oh! Does Dip-Dot have a crush!" Mabel sqealed at me. I jumped, a little startled, "M-Mabel! D-Don't scare me like that!"

She laughed and we headed downstairs to get breakfast and start the day. I remembered Bill's warning to be cautious, so I observed and talked. I took note that Mabel made no move to clear up the misunderstanding with her B.S. sob story.

To be honest, that did hurt. She said she would be a better sibling, and yet she wouldn't tell the truth. Probably cause it would make her seem like a liar. I put a mental reminder to tell Bill this. Wendy was here today so I was on cleanup duty.

She seemed like a nice person, so I walked to her to see if she wouldn't mind my talking to her. She seemed hesitant to talk to me, but she did. Probably just to be polite. I made a joke now and then and she did laugh, wich was nice.

Mabel noticed our interaction and joined the conversation. I took a mental note on how she made every topic lead to her and how I barely got to speak to Wendy at all. I left to go to the bathroom and when I came back, the atmosphere seemed tense. I was confused and said hey and Wendy's response was strained.

I looked to Mabel, hurt evident in my eyes. I knew what she had done. I turned and ran out of the Mystery Shack and into the woods. I soon found myself at the giant thumb coffee table. It was a good thing I had brought the journal.

I sat down and started to read a bit more. I was shocked and stopped on Bill's page. It described him as a Demon, a monster who would hurt, trick, possess, and sweet talk anyone into getting what he wanted. I wanted to cry, was Bill lying to me? Was everyone I knew cheating me. Of course their wouldn't be anyone who actually liked me.

I slamed the book shut and cried my eyes out. "He m-must have been s-so d-disgusted to have k-kissed m-me." I stuffed the journal away in my vest and laid my head on the coffee table. I cried so hard that I fell asleep.

I was still sobbing and hiccuping when I felt arms around me. I looked up to see Bill and immediatly shoved him away.

"You lied to me Bill! You don't actually like me! You hate me! You must have been disgusted to have kissed me! What do you want from me Demon!!!"

I cried and cried as Bill just stood there. He put his hand out and I flinched away.

Pinetree?

"G-Go away if you don't care about me, stop tormenting me!"

He looked heart broken. In a flash, I felt arms wrapped around me and a familiar warmth. My head softly made contact with a chest.

I looked up at Bill through tear stained eyes. He wiped a tear from my face.

Pinetree, I can assure you that I do care. That I would never hurt you. That I wasn't at all disgusted by our kiss.

I looked into his one eye that showed. "How do I know you aren't lying to me or acting?"

Pinetree, have I lied to you before. I mean, sure I didn't tell you I was a dream demon, but that never came up in our topics. So, I've never lied to you.

He bent down and held my chin, kissing me gently before licking my lip asking for entrance. I opened my mouth slightly and he slipped his tongue in and explored. He broke the kiss for air.

How about this Pinetree, next time we see each other, you get to ask me questions and I'll answer. All I ask is that if I don't want to talk about it, you won't push it.

I nodded to him and pecked him on the cheek before feeling myself slip away.

Remember, reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, bye!

I sat up and looked around. It was about midnight from the moon being so high in the sky. I needed to get back to the Shack. Not that anyone would have missed me. Especially not my sister.