Promises

Mabel POV:

"Should have thought of that before you started lying."

That phrase repeated over and over in my head as I tried to sleep. Dipper was right. No matter how much I hated to admit it. I curled up and fell into a restless sleep.

"Dipper?"

I called out into a black void.

"Mabel?!?!"

His frightened soul called back.

"Dipper!"

The scene around me changed.

"Hey Dip-Dop! Whacha up to!"

Younger me walked up to younger Dipper.

"Oh nothing, just trying to treasure hunt."

Younger me's eyes lit up.

"Can I come?!"

Younger Dipper nodded with a smile and I reconized what was going on. This was the day I betrayed Dipper.

"Where are we headed?"

Younger me inquired and younger Dipper hesitated.

"The cemetary."

No. Not today. Why is it showing me this? Why this day.

Younger me paused.

Maybe if I can get there alone and get hurt and pin the blame on Dipper like I do everything, then I can have all everyone's attention and affection!

"No! Don't do it!"

I shouted, running to the younger me and tried to tackle her but I fell right through her. I looked up as she turned to me.

"You can't change the past Mabel."

I looked over to younger Dipper who looked as if his life had been drained from his eyes. He was crying, but his mouth was stitched shut so no sound would come out.

"Dipper!!!" I reached for him but passed through him as well.

"Why do you care? You obviously didn't care when you first made your choice."

"That's not true!" I screamed at her.

"Tell me again, how did you get so beaten and battered up?"

Younger me giggled and I froze. I looked down as I confessed.

"I went and got Dipper's old bullies.." I gulped as my voice shook, taking a breath I continued. "A-And I told them my plan to turn everyone against him."

"And?" Younger me prodded.

"And.....and then I told them to beat me up like I was him, and leave the cemetary fast."

She began to cackle at the end.

"Oh wow! I find it funnier and funnier everytime!"

I looked up at her, scared.

"You know, the one your scared of right now is yourself, right? You are the reason your afraid!"

She laughed even more like a maniac.

"Who are you!"

I screamed at her.

"Can't you see? I'm you."

"No your not!"

"Hm~ Very clever. But, I can't reveal myself to you just yet, so let's just say I'm someone who really cares about Pinetree. And I am not happy with how you treat him."

I felt excruciating pain and the next thing I know, I'm sitting up in bed drenched in sweat.

That was a dream?!

I sat up and patted my body down and sighed. Dipper, I need to go see him.

After I got ready and headed downstairs, Dipper was reading a book in one of the chairs.

"H-Hey Dippingsauce."

He didn't even look up from his book. I sat down next to him awkwardly.

"Look, I'm really sorry that I put us in this mess.."

He began to chuckle.

"Us? Since when was there and us in anything?"

"Dipper! Please!"

"What?!" He tossed his book on the table and stared me down.

"I wanted to say that I was going to tell Gruncle Stan the truth."

"Was?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but I need someone beside me to make that was an am."

Dipper POV:

She looked up to me in hope.

"You know I'm gonna give the truth and nothing but the truth. No sugar coating. No missing details. No beating around the bush."

She nodded after I said that.

"Right, and that's why I need you, so that the whole truth is said."

She grabbed my hands and held them up.

"And when we get home, I'll tell Mom and Dad the truth as well."

I stopped and sat there in thought. Would she really? Is she telling the truth? Since Bill plans to take over, there's not gonna be a 'when we get home.' So, I've got nothing to lose.

"Alright."

I nodded slowly and Mabel enveloped me in a warm hug. I patted her back, still unsure of her. She sat back in her chair and put on her game face.

"Alright! Now all that's left is for Gruncle Stan to get here."

We waited for a few minutes and he finally woke up. Once he had gotten his coffee and sat down, Mabel looked at me and then at him.

"Gruncle Stan, there is something that I really have to tell you."

Bill POV:

I had just left Mabel's nightmare that I had created. I was quite proud of myself for staying as calm as I did. As I watched from the mindscape as she got ready and headed down, I kept a close eye on how she acted. I was not letting her hurt my Pinetree again.

I listened to her conversation with him and was relieved when it all turned out well. Now, all that was left to do was wait and observe. Next time she hurt my Pinetree, there won't be a chance for her to do it again.