Going Back

Dipper POV:

I was reading a book and finishing up my breakfast. Since Bill gave me this cabin I haven't left. It's probably been a few days, not like anyone would notice anyway. I closed the finished book and went to mark the day on the calander, looks like it has officially been a week since coming here.

I sighed and walked over to the door. When I said I haven't left, I meant I would explore for a bit and by the end of the day come back. I refused to go anywhere near the Shack. I had actually started my own journal with different magical mixtures and items. I knew only a small section of the forest, but I planned to head out and explore a bit more.

I grabbed my satchel and silver journal with a blue pinetree on it, that was my journal I kept the records in, along with journal three and a unicorn horn knife. Bill had left it for me in the drawr of my nightstand along with a few other items. Apparently it had been enchanted to never break and could cut through anything.

Checking the contents of my bag, I left the cabin and began exploring a little farther than I have before into the woods. I discovered some new mysterious plants and slipped on some gloves to inspect them. These were also in the drawr, they were enchanted to protect the wearer's hands and to never tear or break. I was quite surprised when I had stabbed my hand with a cutting knife and I was completely fine.

I carefully picked them and put them into small glass jars and set them in my bag. I continued on with my search, finding sap that had healing properties, mushrooms that could give you any animals body part depending on their color, and flowers that could be turned into powder and mixed with a few other ingredients to create potions.

I wrote everything down in my journal and took samples of everything to further investigate. Bill had also given me this journal, it was enchanted with a special seal that only I and the people I allowed could open it. I smiled fondly at the memories of Bill and decided to visit the clearing later. After I waved to a passing Manataur and fed some deer I was up and searching again.

While out here I had realized it was a good idea to make friends with the creatures around here. Some just like to be ignored while others I had to get onto good terms with. The Manataurs wanted me to slay the multibear until I made them listen to Babba and they ended up liking the music. They later apologized to the multibear and we've all been good friends since.

I put my hand on a tree and realized when I took it off that there was a bunch of ash on it. I gave it a closer look and realized that this was a literal ash tree. I put some ash on a small metal peice and it burned right through. Acid Ash Tree, I wrote down everything I could about it with the time I had and its wearabouts in case I needed to find it again. Looking up I saw how late it was getting and put everything up and headed out to the clearing.

Once I got there the familiar scene appeared and Bill hugged me from behind.

Hi Pinetree~! Do you like your cabin and all your gifts!

I smiled and turned around in his arms to kiss his cheek. "Of course I do Bill, they're amazing."

He rested his head on my shoulder and sighed. You should probably get back to your family.

I backed up. "Why?!"

Pinetree listen-

"I don't want to go back Bill! They don't care! I hate them!"

Pinetree... He came close and took my hands, placing them on his chest. They may not care, but they need to get you back or else my plan won't work. I need you to do this for me. Please.

I looked into his eye and knew I couldn't argue with him. I rested my head on his chest and sighed.

"Alright. Only for you Bill."

He kissed the top of my head and held me tightly.

"I'll head back to the cabin and change into the clothes I left in and drop off my things."

He nodded and released me. Thank you Pinetree.

I nodded and gave him one last hug before heading back to the cabin. By the time I got done and reached the Shack it was almost Midnight. I had agitated my eyes to make it seem like I had been crying and made my clothes look dirty and ripped. I ran up to the door like I had been searching for it for forever and pounded on it.

Gruncle Stan and Mabel opened the door, and when she saw me she practically tackled me in a hug with tears streaming down her face. The fake bitch. I fake cried into her shoulder and held her tight like I had missed her.

"Dipper!!!! Where have you been?! I was so worried!!!"

I choked on my laughter to make it sound like sobbing. "I-I don't know what happened, one minute I was here and the next I was in the forest! I couldn't find my way out and everything was so scary!"

Gruncle Stan awkwardly patted my back and we went inside. He cooked up some dinner for me when my stomach growled and told me I should take a few days off of work to readjust. I accepted and finished dinner before heading upstairs.

"Hey Bro Bro." Mabel gently rested her hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah?" I looked at her.

"You should take a shower since you're so dirty and change clothes so you don't get your bed all gross."

She smiled at me and patted my shoulder before going to bed. I couldn't believe she said that to me. Good thing I actually wasn't traumatized because if I had been that could have shattered me.

Begrudgingly I took a shower and changed into clean clothes before heading to bed. I sighed as I laid down on the bed, it was not as comfortable as the one at the cabin, but it will have to do. I closed my eyes and fell into sleep.

A/N: What?!? Two chapters in two days?!?! Impossible!!!!! Hope you like it!😋