Chapter 7: Little plan

----------This one is going to be a bit funnier, as a break from all the heavy stuff. Hope you like it. If you did, share it? :D----------

Back in the office, the secretary looked at us with wide eyes, a panicked look on her face.

"Where have you boys been? Principle Wiggins is furious! Get in there, go, go!" She rushed us, though I wasn't sure I wanted to go in there.

Gage led the way, knocking once on his office before standing back next to me. I bit my lip nervously, my foot tapping the floor. I could feel the hyperactive lady staring at us, as if she expected us to be dragged in by some unseen force. Which was only succeeding in making me all the more nervous. 

Beside me, Gage sighed impatiently just as the door flew open, Principle Wiggins standing in front of us.

Now, I wish I could say that Principle Wiggins was a reasonable man. But that wasn't exactly the case. He was very prejudiced, against a lot of things, hanging on to his job by a mere thread. He offends nearly everyone at the school for some reason or other.

Okay, now that you know that, imagine his views on a gay teenager such as myself? Not good.

The Principle glares at us for a few terrifying seconds before disappearing back into his office, an unspoken signal that we should come in. I glance at Gage, and he looks totally relaxed, if not a bit irritated. I gulp, and walk into his office with Gage, sitting in a chair beside him.

Wiggins is staring us down, a very discomforting thing. When his eyes flicke over to mine, I flinch and look down. He really doesn't like me.

"Mr. Jackson. Care to explain why you and Mr. Zachary were unavailable when you were called to the office?" I look up at him, wishing he wasn't so tall and intimidating. Seriously, how many in shape principles do you get these days? Why here?

I clear my throat, and answer shyly, much more resembling my old self.

"Uh, we were, um, there was a uh, midget! Yeah, a wild midget roaming the halls and we had to chase him down. He was threatening to disrupt classes." I say quickly, ignoring Gage and his sudden giggle fit. Shut up Gage! Gah, you're ruining it! Wiggins glares at me, his already entwined hands clenching tightly.

"Do you find this funny, boys? Do you think this is a game?" Gage bites his lip, struggling to stop giggling. I shoot him a scowl, and turn back to the principle with a sheepish grin.

"No, there really was a wild midget! He was running around the halls yelling, "I'm free, I'm free! You don't go messing with order!" and stuff." I say, grimacing at my horrible midget voice. I need to work on that. By now, Gage is red in the face with suppressed laughter. I kick him, but it doesn't help. 

"Is that so? Well, I'll give you a proposition. Bring me the 'midget' by the end of lunch, and i'll pardon you. Otherwise, you will both be held back a year." My eyes widen, and Gage finally shuts up.

"What? But, that's insane! He was really fast!" He just glares.

Wiggins flicks his wrist, signaling that we can go. As soon as we are out of his office, Gage smacks my arm.

"Ow! What the heck!?" I say, rubbing my arm. 

"You know! What kind of story was that to come up with? I don't wanna get held back! How the heck are we getting out of this one?" I shrug, and he smacks me again.

"OW! Will you stop that? It's not like he can really hold us back for that."

"Even if not, he can still  expel us or something. 'Side's, as a Principal he has more power than we think." I sigh, the wheels in my head turning as we exit the office.