07

She froze hearing her daughter's question she never ever knew the answer. Her mind rushed to the flashback but none to be find. Everything was black.

She only remember Flynn, the guy who brought her to the hospital and she was in Chicago.

Knowing that she was pregnant, Flynn insisted she had to stay in the hospital till she was fully recovered. He and his wife took care of her and brought her to their sweet home. Nah, mansion maybe.

She felt like home, feeling like she had brother and sister. And she realized that the both of them were rich and had amazing company.

They had so many chain of hotels all around US but they were down to earth. Yeah, not in the wealthiest category in magazine or somewhat in the world, but really in Chicago or US they could not be underestimated.

Her mind blurred when her phone rang.

"hello? "

"Katie, oh Thank God. You're not sleeping yet, " somebody sighed.

"what is it, Grace? "

"uhmm.. Sorry to inform you suddenly, Katie. But, tomorrow we will go to New York to attend our hotel anniversary. I forget. Totally forget. If my husband doesn't inform me, maybe we will come late, " Grace chuckled.

"is everything already settle? "

"yeah. Our hotel team prepares everything. Don't worry, dear!"

"okay, if you say so. What time?"

"I think, " Katie heard the clinked sound of Grace's wristwatch. "9 in the morning. Just get ready. And don't forget bring my baby niece too. "

"don't worry, Grace," Katie chuckled. "Alaia would love to. "

"yeah, okay. Goodnight. "

"goodnight, Grace. Send my goodnight to Flynn. "

"don't worry, dear. "

The line went dead. Katie heavily sighed, she didn't have time to think her blank memory. She kissed her daughter forehead and went to her bedroom. Tomorrow would be another tired day.

*

" I have to go too? " Alaia cutely pouted.

Katie chuckled at her daughter's cuteness. She didn't want to leave her school, yet their school had already in summer holiday. Even she knew, she insisted she would go to school.

"yes, baby girl. It's your first time holiday from school. After two weeks you will go to school again, and you are already in your new class. "

"and I have new fwends too? "

"maybe, " Katie tap Alaia's nose with her index finger. She never bored to her cuteness.

"but I want my old fwends. They fun! " Alaia's pout deeper.

"heeyy, we are going to your uncle's hotel in New York and you still talk about your finish school? "

Suddenly her eyes lit up like christmas tree. She nodded vigorously and forgot about her school already.

"Uncle Fynn comes too? "

"and Aunty Grace. "

"Aunty Gwace?!"

Alaia shrieked happily. She ran to her room and Katie raised her eyebrow. The luggage already packed near entrance door and ready to be picked up. She didn't know why her daughter so hyper today. She chanted and like chatter machine, she didn't stop blabbering.

She leant on the cushion and thought back about her daughter's words.

Why can she remember?

Flynn and Grace found her on the side of road unconscious. They were already in hurry to reach the airport and no way to leave her that day. They think Katie already dead. If Grace didn't stop the car maybe she really dead at any moment.