01

The city of King's Landing stands tall and golden as Percival Lannister slips his arms into the lion studded outfit.

The bells echo loudly throughout the streets, signalling the start of an important day. The day of his mothers trial. The birds chirp from in front of his arched window, barely heard between the blaring bells.

A quiet sigh escapes his mouth, lips pursing as the handmaiden tightens his shirt uncomfortably. A quiet hiss escapes his mouth, and her eyes widen as apologies pour from her lips. Sending her a reassuring smile, he allows her to leave as he unties the first few strings.

Another bell tone, and his brows furrow in annoyance as he scowls at the Sept of Balor. As if the day wasn't already complete shit, his annoyance skyrockets at the thought of having to sit through his mothers trial. Listening to the babbles of the high sparrow as he preaches about the sins of people and whatever else his kind does. Everyone knew his mother was guilty, lock her in a cell and be done with it for the gods sake.

Slipping the golden cuffs onto his wrists, he stares at the carved lions that sit across the jewelry. A constant reminder of his house, his family.

Family. Percy thinks such a word shouldn't even exist in Westeros. It was all a broken lie anyway. Family was the word you use when you think about those that you love, those that you would do and sacrifice anything for. The only thing he could think of that a Lannister would do all that for is power. Not family, but legacy. It disgusts him to know that he was born into such and awful, power hungry family.

Taking a brief pause, Percy allows his mind to slip away and instincts to kick in. Closing his eyes, he feels a slight uncomfortable tug on his body before he's gone. A moment later, his eyes open in the body of a seagull.

He flies the majestic bird through the city, buildings and people passing by as he controls it's mind and movement. Percy always loved being a bird. It's majestic nature and ability to use it's wings was one of the most entrancing things in his mind.

Being able to see the city below him, to know that he's above his family in the very aspect of the word is comforting. The view of Blackwater Bay and beyond the ocean. Reaching high enough that the only thing left of King's Landing was the very top of the red keep. He loves it.

Allowing himself to descend, he flies toward the large Sept, speeding his wings and gliding towards the building. His short legs spread outward, catching his body in the ledge of a window. He peers inside the blurry glass, eyes scanning the inhabitants before finding her.

Her wavy hair flows naturally down her sides, a crown sat elegantly on top. She wears a dark grey dress, designed with hundreds of intricate roses, and a blue wrap around scarf that hugs her wrists, neck, and waste. He finds her entrancing as he stares at her, just like any other time he looks. Her light, chocolate colored irises find his animalistic ones from below, and it takes her a moment to smile, realising it's him.

They stare at eachother, less romantic that usual because of his current form, not he offers a small nod of his head, an assurance of sorts.

A knock sounds from his door, successfully pulling his mind from that of the bird's. Calling out a firm "enter", he watches impatiently as his brother slowly walks through the door, looking as if he might barf any second. "Take your time dear Tommy, we have the rest of eternity."

Tommen looks up at the sound of his sarcasm, fighting off a smile as he closes the door behind him. "Shut it."

"Why the sudden hostility little brother? It is a fine day to be imprisoned, I would say." The sarcastic words flow out of his mouth like a common tongue, and satisfaction replaces his previous bitterness as his younger brother can't help but grin.