12

Okay before you all start this, I would just like to say that I wrote this a long time ago and never got around to editing it. So, not only does it probably have quite a few mistakes but it's also not the best.

Hope you enjoy anyway!

¤¤¤

The army of the dead is just how Percy remembers from his time looking through the birds eyes: corpses ragged and undead, eyes a haunting, glowing blue, and just as controlled as always.

He ignores the present pain in and around his back as he gazes at the undead army in person, his eyes scanning every feature of every creature that walks beyond the wall. They all follow a select few white walkers, almost as if sired to the more intact of the dead men.

His Valyrian steel daggers are clenched tightly in his hands, cautious and prepared, should they have to fight. A likely event given the nature and objective of their journey. The others are the same, swords and other weapons ready at their sides, Sandor being the only one without a weapon, having been given the task of capturing the creature. For obvious reasons.

The men each fall into their respective places, Percy following Jon beneath the snow bank as the rest of them prepare to fight the wights. Percy and Jon both ready their weapons as they peak over the mound, watching as the white walker observes the fire they set as a trap.

With a deep breath, the bastard nods to the Lannister and screams the signal. Percy follows Jon and they jump over their cover, immediately going after the largest dead man, whom of which is only slightly caught off guard. His weapon clashes with Jon's, and Percy takes the opportunity to strike at his back, which he expects as he flings Jon's weapon downward and turns quickly, blocking the dagger from piercing his body.

Piercing blue eyes glare down at Percy, and a shiver runs down his spine as the dead man continues to stare intently into his eyes. An odd feeling runs through him, and he takes the opportunity to thrust his other dagger upwards.

As soon as the Valyrian steel pierces the undead man's abdomen, he burst into thousands of pieces, shocking Percy as be watches many of the wights do the same.

He watches, still wide eyed, as the rest of the wights are killed by the man, leaving only one that Sandor is quick to bind. The creature thrashes around, movements wild and Percy would think him panicked if he didn't know better.

He barely pays mind to it though, thoughts still fixated on the death of the white walker. Having never seen one killed before, he least expected it to do that when faced with death.

Percy looks over at Jon, finding the man already looking at him with a tired smile. "I had the same reaction the first time I killed one. It's the Valyrain steel, it's one of the few things that can kill them."

"I know, I just..." Percy's voice trails, and he looks at the bastard with wonder. "I didn't expect that to happen."

Jon only nods, offering him a hand and pulling him from his kneeling position. Percy's back aches more than before from the strain of fighting, but he doesn't complain as the rest of the men move to help restrain the creature.

Sandor pulls his hand away from it with a grunt, looking at the blood that trails down his palm. Not a moment later, an ear piercing cry leaves the things mouth, and they cover their ears at the surprisingly loud and scratchy sound.

Percy's eyebrows furrow as it seems to halt it's moments and he casts a look around them. He sees nothing for many moments, eyes gazing around and beyond them. Just as he glances back to the creature, his eyes catch sight of something in his peripheral vision. Putting a hand over his forehead and narrowing them slightly, his irises eventually adjust to the sight of a fog-like mist slithering over the hills.