29

Hello everybody!

After my small haitus, I'm hoping to get updates out a little quicker this month. That being said, if there is anything you guys would like to see happen before the battle ends or even before the book itself ends, please drop a comment on this chapter!

Enjoy!

¤¤¤

Everyone retreats to the castle while the dead are temporarily subdued, hurriedly preparing inside the walls for the second wave. Percy leads Melisandre back into the castle itself, feeling as though he owes the woman more than he could offer, though she thanks him for his service and send him back into battle.

"Your fight is far from over, Percival Lannister." She had said as a parting, her words still echoing in his mind. Her eyes had held a knowledge in them as she watched him go. What did she mean? He wonders briefly, but eventually thinks it best he doesn't know.

When he ventures back outside the castle, Viserion is landing in the courtyard in front of him hazardously. Percy furrows his eyebrows, running toward the dragon quickly. "Viserion, what's happening?!"

The creature can't respond with words, but he screeches loudly, sounding panicked. Heart feeling constricted, Percy doesn't wait another second to gather his thoughts before climbing onto Viserion. The dragon is much the same, not even waiting until he has a firmer grip before kicking off from the ground and full speed into the sky.

The ground below them slowly dissapears, the last thing seen being the dead breaking through the trenches and marching on the walls of the castle.

¤¤¤

Flying at full speed amidst the clouds, it doesn't take long before Viserion reaches his destination. Gods, does Percy wish it was anything except for what they come upon.

Daenerys and Jon, mounted on the backs of Drogon and Rhaegal, hover over the very man who commands the dead. The Night King stares back up at them almost tauntingly, knowing neither of them would face him on their own.

When Percy and Viserion appear, however, all attention snaps to them. The Lannister glances between Daenerys and Jon - the former of the two perking with relief - before moving his gaze down to the immortal. Whom stares right back, cold and unmoving, and with a vengeance in his eyes.

"Together!" Jon shouts, lip curling in disgust at the undead tyrant. Percy and Daenerys share a look, almost feeling the anger radiate off of the bastard. Fire won't work, they know, but Jon is willing to try anything to end the being as soon as possible.

So, the three look down at the Night King and mutter one word, foolishly hopeful. "Dracarys."

In sync, fire is pouring from the dragons' breath and lighting a path down the sky onto the battlefield below. More importantly, onto the undead leader's unmoving person. Percy observes, as the flames make their way through the air almost in slow motion, that his glowing eyes don't stray from the attack, nor does he waver.

A fact that makes Percy's stomach roll.

The flames hit the Night King explosively, encompassing his entirety in the orange glow. It burns the surrounding land, and Percy can finally see that they're near the godswood - that section of the castle already imploding with fire. Percy wonders, briefly, how many people have died because of the being below him, the thought fueling his already searing rage.