15

Last chapter for part one!!

It's a little messy and sort or rushed but I hope you enjoy anyway.

¤¤¤

When Percy lived in King's Landing, the dragon pits were always something that fascinated him. The big, rock structures that once housed some of the most dangerous beasts to ever roam the skies. Even if they were the smaller, less dangerous ones, the last ones.

But looking at them now, there's not much awe or fascination inside of him. Perhaps it's because he's travelled to different places, seen bigger structures and been on more dangerous adventures.

Or perhaps it's the fact that he's seen the legendary creatures at their peak. He's seen their fire touch the skies and burn their enemies, and he's ridden on ones the back with a destined greatness.

But for as many times as he's laid eyes on his mother, Cersei Lannister never fails to make him feel a plethora of emotions ranging from anger, spite, pain and sadness. Anger for all the things she's done to make his life a living hell, intentionally or not.

Spite for the want to make her feel the way he's felt all these years, to make her feel inferior for once. Pain for all the memories of lost loved ones and dire mistakes, all tied to her. And sadness for the mother he loved endlessly as a child, and for the woman he wishes she still was.

Percy doesn't approach her. He hardly spares her more than a glance upon noticing her presence in the very middle of the arena. She's perched on the center chair, designed to look like another, though less iron, chair. And as much as he hates to admit it, she truly does look like a queen atop her throne.

He attempts to make it clear that he holds no desire to speak with her, but she never was one to change her mind. Tyrion gives him several glances as she noticeably stares. With a clenched jaw, he huffs in agitation before meeting her stare with his own.

The scowl slips from his features not long after though. Not because he isn't angry, not because she deserves more than his hatred. But because, for the first time in what seems like forever, there's not a look of neutrality on her aged face. Only the look of a wounded mother seeing her deserted child again.

Offering little more than a slight twitch of his head, Percy takes a seat on the left of his queens chair in silence. The only sound around them for several moments being the loud breathing of the mountain and Jon's sword smacking loudly with the wind.

"Where is she?" Cersei finally questions, gone is the mother and in the cruel queen. A scowl twists her features, beauty hidden behind hate. "Didn't she travel with you?"

"She'll be here shortly." Percy snorts quietly at his uncles words, earning a scolding scowl. "No, she didn't travel with us. Well...most of us." Percy glares and it's Tyrion's turn to smirk.

Before Cersei can jump to the right conclusion about his words, a loud, majestic screech is heard from above. They all move away from their chairs, some with fear, others with fascination. But two stay seated. Cersei simply glaring at the sky with annoyance and fear, Percy with a small smile when he sees Daenerys on Drogon and Viserion fly low.

The two dragons land atop the pits with a synced screech, the structure rumbling under their weight. Stone chips off the pit, dust and debris flying through the air with the flap of their wings. It's truly a sight to see, two dragons glaring with a vengeance while another roams the sky above.