D1 Part 1

(Third Person)
It was business as usual at the Dr. Facilier's Voodo arcade. The place was basically a Carnival with rigged games, psychic booths, palm readings, voodoo, hoodoo, etc. A place that gave off the illusion of magic.

Wandering the grounds of the arcade was a teenager that carried himself differently from the rest. Most kids of the Isle emanated the aura of a hoodlum or street rat. This particular person emanated an aura of power and wealth. Maybe a hint of sophistication. He wore a black suit with a heart pin, black boots, red tie and gloves, gold-colored epualettes, and a red cape. Complementing the attire and his pale skin was a pair of red-tinted sunglasses.

Behind him were two of his small personal army, 40 card soldiers who were banished to the Isle alongside The Queen and the Knave for still remaining loyal.

(Your POV)

I was doing yet another job at this damn establishment. The good doctor wanted security so people would be discouraged from cheating I guess. My mother once said that she liked when someone played dirty so she could have them lose their head. I then heard shouting from Celia's fortune-telling station. Upon further eavesdropping, I had figured out what was happening. Some smartass wasn't satisfied with his fortune.

(Third Person)

(YN) motioned his guards to follow him as they both ran. They got there just in time because as soon a guy saw them he halted his rant.
" I think it's time for your departure. " The guy looked insulted.
" Not until this bitch pays me! "

(Your POV)

In my opinion, this was going to be a tedious conversation. I drew my rapier. I was range so I poked him in the chest with it.
" Leave or else. "
The dolt took the hint then ran. I looked over to Celia, then my watch.
" Thanks (YN). "

" Just doing my job, Celia. Oh, our shift is up. " I did a slight bow. Celia handled our payments. She threw me a large pouch of coins. I quickly counted it and smiled.

" Thank you for choosing Hearts security service. " Me and my guards then left for home. We lived in a small castle on the other side of the main town. We had a barracks next to the castle for the cards. I always greeted my mother in the family room/throneroom. She was sitting on her throne. I kneeled before her.
" Hello, mother. "

" Payment before pleasantries, (YN)! "

" Yes, mother. I apologize. "
I quickly rose up and handed her the pouch.
" Good boy. I can't remember the last time you failed me. Unlike your bastard of a father. "

" I strive to be the best, to honor you and my royal lineage. "

" I am the only worth honoring! Your Aunt was a whore who stole what was rightfully mine! Your father threatened to leave me! "

I can't stand it. Every damn time she rages like this, I wonder. How can she treat me like this? It's not my fucking fault the Knave was my father. I walked up to my mother and lightly touched her hand.

" Please calm yourself mother. You know it's not good for your health. Take a deep breath, please. "

The former queen took a few breaths, her rage now quelled.

" I understand, mother. We will have our revenge. On Alice, your sister, the cat, the Hatter, and on King Beast for condemning us to this island. "

" The time is today, (YN). "

" I'm sorry mother I don't understand."

" Apparently, you and some others have been accepted to attend some new school there. Maleficent already has a plan. "

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence could presume what the plan was.

" I shall begin packing immediately. "

" See to it you do. Please look presentable at all times. "

" Of course mother. "

I then went up to my room to begin packing. The entirety of my attire was made of red and black. Red and black T-shirts, pants, suits, ties, and just about everything clothing-related one could imagine. I changed out of my suit into a red and black leather jacket. My capes are very special to me too. Two of the tree were normal with one red and one black but the third one I vowed never to wear until the day Evil triumphed. It was a red cape but had a large long live evil silhouette of his mother. After I was finally done packing I had a total of 5 cases. I had a few cards bring them down to the door. Before I stepped out, I glanced one more time at my mother.

" We will succeed mother. We will have our revenge.

" I will have my revenge. You're just helping me with it. "

I closed the door behind me. I motioned the cards to follow me. This is it. My last day on the Isle until we bring the barrier down. Long live the Queen of Hearts, Long live me, long live evil.